rpiguy9907

Posted Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:08 pm

Not mine, but came across this on reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/amiga/comments ... _monitors/

The power expansion with the floppy drive beneath the Amiga 500 is pretty rare these days.

https://imgur.com/a/CslZXEC

If anyone is near Wisconsin I'd recommend snatching these up!

rpiguy9907

Posted Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:46 pm

By the way, bonus to anyone who can remember what that thing is called beneath the A500 with the floppy drive and power switch.

For the life of me I can't remember what those were.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:57 pm

I got a 500, the weird floppy/stand thing and a C= 590 HDD. Funny thing is I don't think you can use the stand/floppy thing and the HDD at the same time!

In any case, I'd been talking to the owner of that stash ever since the post first went on Reddit; I'm a mod for that channel and have to keep tabs on that content fairly regularly. He got all of it at an estate sale in Wisconsin. From the sounds of it (he's a very nice guy who is not in the Amiga scene at all) he's about 26 years old. This is all new to him.

In any case, there's also a BOXED A2000, BOXED 1084 and 1080, and some more odds and ends. I just can't justify any more CRTs or big box Amigas. If I lived in Wisconsin I'd probably grab more but the shipping of CRTS is both dangerous and really expensive. But when the weird stand thing shows up I'll take pics for everyone here and see if we can learn about its history more.

Looks almost homemade. It's solid, but not exactly the prettiest thing. That stand actually comes with a massive power supply replacement.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:07 pm

By the way, the seller has shared several photos with me if anyone wants to see what things look like. Just PM me and I'll send you some imagery.

The 2000 did have some battery acid, which he's taken steps to slow down the damage. It might could use another pass. But other than that, the thing is NOS. (The keyboard is still in the original pink plastic bag.)

Return to “Trading Post”