resonantflux
Zagreb, Croatia

Posted Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:31 am

Hi everybody,

so, to be completely honest, I don't have any Amiga. I never had one. I don't remember seeing one that wasn't behind a glass pane at least since visiting the 'computer section' in a library when I wa a wee lad, some 20 years ago. Amigas were something I saw mentioned in reader's galleries in computer magazines, but nobody in my generation seems to have had one.

Fast forward to last year when I watched Nostalgia Nerd's two-part video on Youtube. I became completely enthralled by the story of the Amiga. Gotta say, there is something enticing about this community that made me want to be a part of it, and contribute somehow...

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:45 am

Welcome, resonantflux

If sourcing and using old hardware isn't your thing, there are lots of emulation options, too. Some AmigaLove users are even taking old cases and putting Raspberry Pis inside that can literally do anything and everything you could imagine for a very affordable price.

See you around the forums!

resonantflux
Zagreb, Croatia

Posted Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:53 am

Oh, it's not that I don't have my heart set on an A1200 with an accompanying tank mouse. it's just that it's slightly too rich for my blood at the moment :D

Something like emulation with a Pi is definitely on my list of things I'd like to do related to Amigas :)

TenLeftFingers

Posted Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:17 pm

Hi ResonantFlux,

I've always enjoyed the Croatian Eurovision Song Contest entries :) Welcome to the forum and good luck with the Pi setup. I know the Pi 3 is very capable for emulating even games, demos and Workbench with networking <3

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:53 pm

You guys are going to see a project in the Pi realm very soon that is going to blow your socks off. Stay tuned (like, this week)!

resonantflux
Zagreb, Croatia

Posted Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:11 pm

TenLeftFingers wrote: I've always enjoyed the Croatian Eurovision Song Contest entries :) Welcome to the forum and good luck with the Pi setup. I know the Pi 3 is very capable for emulating even games, demos and Workbench with networking <3

Hahaha :D Thank you for the kind welcome! :) Just as a fore-research, how will it fair with things like say Deluxe paint ? And whatever is, if there is such a thing, as an Amiga idea of InDesign (Desktop publishing) :D (And my apologies if this is the wrong place to go into it, of course)
intric8 wrote: You guys are going to see a project in the Pi realm very soon that is going to blow your socks off. Stay tuned (like, this week)!
Where, where !? !?

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:00 pm

Where, where !? !?
Here you go, my friend.

resonantflux
Zagreb, Croatia

Posted Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:08 am

intric8 wrote:
Here you go, my friend.
Thanks, I would have considered it a loss to have swept it away by thinking it was just a mount! :)

A1-X1000
Toronto, Canada

Posted Fri May 18, 2018 3:03 pm

@ resonantflux

welcome aboard! we need some young'er' blood in the Amiga community ;) ...keep an eye out for an A500 as you can still find them for a reasonable price but be forewarned..once you start using an Amiga many say you NEVER stop :shock:

TenLeftFingers

Posted Sat May 19, 2018 12:14 am

resonantflux wrote: Hahaha :D Thank you for the kind welcome! :) Just as a fore-research, how will it fair with things like say Deluxe paint ? And whatever is, if there is such a thing, as an Amiga idea of InDesign (Desktop publishing) :D (And my apologies if this is the wrong place to go into it, of course)
DPaint will fly. InDesign might present problems :) Cool that you are an artist / designer. What kind of stuff do you do?

Return to “Member Intros”