Combustify
SF Bay Area

Posted Tue May 07, 2019 5:15 pm

Update: Simply using the a1000 seems to have recharged the battery a bit? I don't get the error message anymore.

I did some more research and found a Gotek drive that suited my needs, and it comes pre-loaded with amiga disk images as well. Keeping the native format was mainly what made the decision, so thanks for that input. Picked up an adapter for the external drive port also. I'll post another update once those come in and I experiment with them.

McTrinsic

Posted Wed May 08, 2019 1:45 am

I’ll check in the next weeks if by now the HxCs Support direct ADF Access as well. There was at least the plan to implement that.

Combustify
SF Bay Area

Posted Sat May 11, 2019 7:29 pm

Alright!

Got my gotek hooked up in place of the original floppy for now (DF0).

However, I can't figure out how to get the kickstart image to boot immediately, or even be selectable. It came pre-flashed with flashfloppy and an autoboot.hfe that, while it reads, doesn't boot kickstart.

Is there a better forum / documentation for figuring this out? The only guide I've read configures selector with a separate amiga, which I don't have available.

Should I start a thread in another section of this board? I didn't see anything with search.

Edit: I have kickstart 1.3 images, just need to figure out how to either select it or boot from it.

Edit 2: Switched ff.cfg to "default" select mode, loaded kickstart 1.3 adf onto root of the usb, and was able to use it! Cheers!!

Mr.Toast
Roseville, CA

Posted Sat May 11, 2019 10:24 pm

Slightly OT but I am inland a bit (Roseville, north of Sac). There is a small but active Amiga users group sacc.org worth at least connecting to. We have quite a number of folks that are members but live in the bay area who usually make their way out for AmiWest expo (October usually).

New visitors and potential members are always welcome. Its always great to get together monthly and talk Amiga face to face! We also have repair and upgrade clinics for classic machines. It seems I have become the resident soldering iron holder-which is fine by me.

Check out the site which looks like it was last updated via AOL floppy disk, but at least there is news on events and meetings.

Toast.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Mon May 13, 2019 8:02 am

I love how your sacc.org still has a "Webmaster". :)

Return to “Member Intros”