urken

Posted Tue May 07, 2019 12:49 am

Hi,
I am a retired Amiga Fan living in Sweden.
My Amiga years started in the 1980s with VIC20 followed by C64 (I had to mention this beauty since it is a part of the Commodore history), then A500, A2000, A4000, A1200 finally OS4 on Sam 440/460. While visiting family in the US beginning of 2000 i bought 2xA1000 on e-bay (very cheep), took the best parts from each of them, cleaned all the parts, put it together and tested while still in the US. Put the "precious one" in my suitcase and brought it back with me to Sweden.Today I have my original C64 and my A1000, thats it, all the rest are gone to other homes for great care.

Since my A1000 is a NTSC machine 115VAC I had to buy a step down transformer 230VAC to 115VAC, and it works like a charm. I have added 2MB mem and I can run most anything on this beauty.

Nice to be in this forum,
urken

McTrinsic

Posted Tue May 07, 2019 4:37 am

Welcome!

Are there any stories behind your passion for C= computers? What did you do - gaming, programming?

Any chance of some pics of your retro-shrine?

I am soooo curious ;) .

Cheers,
McT

obitus1990
USA

Posted Tue May 07, 2019 8:15 am

Welcome! Great so see some international users are making their way here.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Tue May 07, 2019 8:36 am

Welcome, urken! Thanks so much for joining and sharing your history.

Where in the US is/was your extended family based?

Would love to see your setup - feel free to post any pics!

urken

Posted Thu May 09, 2019 6:54 am

McTrinsic wrote:Welcome!

Are there any stories behind your passion for C= computers? What did you do - gaming, programming?

Any chance of some pics of your retro-shrine?

I am soooo curious ;) .

Cheers,
McT
The passion way back was that I got the VIC-20 for free for a job I did and started learn C= Basic language the rest followed as you always get carried away and want to see what the next machine could do and so on. So I did gaming, programming and modifications. At the moment my C64 and A1000 are in a box after moving a few months back. Try to come back with some pics in the future.

urken

Posted Thu May 09, 2019 7:03 am

intric8 wrote:Welcome, urken! Thanks so much for joining and sharing your history.

Where in the US is/was your extended family based?

Would love to see your setup - feel free to post any pics!
My family lives in Grand Rapids MI. Also have family in Wenatchee WA where I visited a year ago. Of cource spent 2 days in beautiful Seattle.
Pics will com when my beauties are unpacked from the storge boxes where they are resting at the moment.

urken

Posted Thu May 09, 2019 7:04 am

obitus1990 wrote:Welcome! Great so see some international users are making their way here.
Thanks, nice to be here!

A1-X1000
Toronto, Canada

Posted Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:53 pm

welcome aboard and yes a nA1000 & C64 should be in every man cave my friend :D

Return to “Member Intros”