Tekk
The Netherlands - EU

Posted Wed May 08, 2019 1:06 pm

Hi. Found out about this forum because I follow you on Twitter.

Been an Amigan for 25+ years. Started with a 500. Read about it in a magazine and I've must have read that specific article a 1000 times before I got the money together. After that sold the 500 and got a 2000 with a GVP SCSI HD. Costs an arm and a leg.

A few years later I bought a CD32 and a few 500s for free from a friend which I all sold. Same with the 2000 a few years ago. During my study I also acquired a 4000 for free. And half a year a ago bought a 1200 for €100,- of which I sold most of the peripherals witch basicly made it free as well :)

The 4000 was recapped in Denmark (TbTorro :) and the 1200 was a mess and was a recapped and cleaned (wonderful job) by a guy (hese) in Finland :) At the moment I'm waiting for a new casing for the 1200 and the Vampire1200. I joined the Indigogo campaign and bought the black casing. And the Vampire 1200 needs to be released - but when?

For the 4000 I'm thinking of buying the ZZ9000 from MNTMN. Very cool project. Target is end of June - so I believe.

CU
TeKK

TenLeftFingers

Posted Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:15 pm

Hi Tekk. You definitely qualify as an enthusiast :) Welcome. <3

Zippy Zapp
CA, USA

Posted Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:38 pm

You have some good gear, Welcome!

Tekk
The Netherlands - EU

Posted Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:13 pm

Thanks. In the mean time I pre-ordered the ZZ9000. It appears he will increase the price a few 10s of euros. Probably around 349. So I'm a bit lucky I ordered it now. I think it still is 299. Not sure.

Further more I ordered a 3D printed case for my 4000. The first batch I got wasn't that great. Well, for a 3D print it looked very good but the machine made a few mistakes. All in all the contact with the guy doing the 3D stuff is very good (kind fella) and he's making me another one for free. I'll post the pictures once it's ready. I'm a bit doubtful atm if I should sand it and use an epoxy layer because of the shinyness :)

Return to “Member Intros”