SlobodanElectro
Tulsa, OK, USA

Posted Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:35 pm

Hello All, this is Mike aka Slobodan Electro. I am 43 yo, living in the Midwest of USA. I never had an Amiga but my parents had an IBM MS-DOS compatible machine with an amber/monochrome screen and I had a copy of Police Quest which I was completely addicted to in 1989. This was about the extent of what I had PC-wise back in the early 90's. Thank God I had a Nintendo NES & an Atari 2600. My friend did have a Commodore64. He had Police Quest/Space Quest & King's Quest. I got into Nintendo NES/SNES emulation back in 2001 when I went to a computer school. I first learned of WinUAE & Amiga emulation back in 2003 and discovered the website BTTR (Back to the Roots). I had worked a bit with an Apple Mac emulator called "PearPC" & I had also worked with Linux installs using Virtual PC so I was sooo excited to find WinUAE.

Since that time, 16 years ago, I've been more & more interested in the :D Amiga PC, not just the games, but all of it. I'm a virtual-only Amiga user and fan and so grateful for the AmigaLove.com website! Thank you for having me! Other than Amiga emulation, I have found myself discovering a ton of games for NEC's PC Engine, SNES, NES, Megadrive to name a few & I am collecting for these various systems along with MAME (Multi-Machine Aracde Emulator). In addition to the games for all the systems, I collect graphics, documentation and learn a lot of history from those days. I find myself playing the bulk of what Amiga and other systems have to offer only now, and I play a lot of stuff as if it was back then. I RARELY play any modern PC stuff, and I have no consoles in my home to speak of.

I also study European history, culture & corresponding languages. I love the mexican culture and I love preparing & cooking mexican cuisine, alongside trying to conquer the Spanish language. I also like lifting weights and growing vegetables/herbs/fruits. I am an amateur criminologist/penologist and one of my favourite shows is Forensic Files. I also watch a lot of movies from the 80's & 90's, watch Unsolved Mysteries a lot, and just collect stuff from the 80's/90's when I was a kid/teenager. I use an older PC and I run Windows 7 SP1 as my primary operating system. I also study electronic music in any form & I work with Image-Line's FL Studio extensively for the last 5 years & study electronic music production. I'm also into UFOlogy & paranormal research. I dabble in computer graphics but I'm still a beginner in Adobe Photoshop even though I've been using it since version 7. I want to learn how to make vector graphics using Inkscape/Adobe Illustrator and I have an interest in desktop publishing & commercial graphic art work. I have metal illness for a long time & computers have kept me going for a long time. I am a custodian/care taker by trade. Again, grateful to be here! :D

A1-X1000
Toronto, Canada

Posted Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:59 pm

welcome aboard Mike! WinUAE is great nowadays and I use Amikit on my netbook when I'm on the go but I unfortunately have always been a hardware guy first and much prefer real hardware over emulation.
Also see you're an X-FILES fan too...what did you think of the latest episodes from last year? Haven't heard of a new season yet...

McTrinsic

Posted Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:52 pm

Welcome!

In case you're doing some great stuff with your other systems than the Amiga PC, just let us know.

While I never had other Systems than Commodore (Amiga, C64, C128) and a PC, I'd be curious to see whats going on in the other parts of the Retro-world.

Got Pictures of some systems you own?

Cheers,
McTrinsic

Return to “Member Intros”