Strelok111

Posted Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:33 am

Hello everyone!

I've joined this forum as I've gotten my hands on my father's A500 and A1200; he taught me to play on them when I was a kid, but now he says he's too old to take care of his house in the countryside, and needed to get rid of some stuff to move to a smaller house; and that's how I've become the "caregiver" of his Amigas!
Now, I just need to refresh my knowledge a little, as my childhood isn't as recent as it used to be, so I've become less familiar with these beasts and need to correct that.
Apart from that, I'll soon be located in France, and am 39.

See you soon on the forums!

McTrinsic

Posted Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:31 pm

Bienvenue Strelok!

Glad to have you here. My usual request: pics!! Preferrably of your Amiga, but, hey, if you have pics from the countryside in France they will be more than welcome as well ;) .

What games did you enjoy back then? Do you still play them once in a while? Anything else you did back than other than gaming?

Cheers,
McT

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:33 pm

Welcome, Strelok111!

BloodyCactus
Lexington VA

Posted Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:24 am

Stalker fan? Welcome to being a caregiver of old Amigas!

3D-vice
Germany

Posted Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:48 am

Welcome, future neighbor. Willkommen!

Strelok111

Posted Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:40 am

Thanks everyone!

So far, I don't have pictures yet; the Amigas are still in the attic at the family house, I've got to finish a mission abroad and will pick them up in late January/early February.
When I was a kid, I liked to play Knights of the Sky and Worms on the A500, and Banshee on the A1200; unfortunately enough, everything I did was to play, as I was too young to care about the other uses of a computer :lol:

And yes, Bloodycactus, although I didn't get out of here when told to!

A1-X1000
Toronto, Canada

Posted Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:56 pm

welcome aboard & glad your dad asked you to take care pf the Amigas :D

Return to “Member Intros”