terriblefire

Posted Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:44 pm

Hello There,

I'm Stephen (aka TerribleFire). I'm a pretty big Amiga fan with a side love of Acorn hardware aswell. Based in Glasgow, Scotland.

I studied Electronics & Electrical Engineering to PhD level but more recently I've worked in Software engineering.

I've been heavily involved in the MiST project where I developed the Archimedes FPGA core (open sourced) as well as recently starting out building Amiga Accelerators. I hope to do some YouTube videos of the accelerator development and also the build of my GBA1000 board which is sitting itching to be built. I currently have 2 x CD32s, 2 x A500s, 1 x A1200 (060), 1 x A4000 (040) and an A1000 (NTSC).

I also have a large collection of Acorn machines and FPGA development boards.

Feel free to say hi either here or on my YouTube channel (TerribleFire) or on twitter @terriblefire.

Shot97
Detroit, MI, USA

Posted Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:11 pm

Welcome to AmigaLove, I've already checked out the video you linked in the other thread and look forward to seeing more videos as well as perhaps some writings on the hardware you're involved with.

terriblefire

Posted Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:24 pm

Shot97 wrote:Welcome to AmigaLove, I've already checked out the video you linked in the other thread and look forward to seeing more videos as well as perhaps some writings on the hardware you're involved with.
@Shot97 thankyou!

I hope this is just the beginning of getting reproducible hardware. The TF520 board in my videos is essentially an R&D board that anyone can get a copy of made cheaply. I dont expect many (if anyone) to make up the early boards. Much of this was inspired by George Braun who developed the GBA1000 board. Unfortunately George didnt really like to talk to people about it and eventually took the sources off his site.

So in the first instance I will document the A500 bus timings once everything is stable. Then I will move on to a more ambitious board with an 030. I want to make sure I always have something to work on so i'll get a rev 1 board for the 030 made up before i'm ready to use. The turnaround times i'm seeing are about 2-3 weeks. But thats pretty good for the price!!! $25 for 10 boards. Delivered!

There is also the Archie FPGA project which will need some love at some point. But it appears to be mostly functionally complete.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:44 pm

@terriblefire I am so stoked and honored to have you here. Really looking forward to your updates around the site and progress on the boards.

Welcome!

marky1200

Posted Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:45 pm

Hi terriblefire,

You've got some interesting projects going on. I've played around with various PIC's and stuff (tried a 32 bit firmware thing - didn't go anywhere though...), did Software for 12 years but am now back in avionics engineering myself. Dabble in hobby code on occasion, nothing too deep.

Return to “Member Intros”