marky1200

Posted Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:41 pm

Hi folks. Still got my A1200 up in the loft with my 1084S monitor with its 4/8MByte mem upgrade, external CD ROM and some bespoke hardware plugged into one of the joystick ports which allowed for speed information record on a C-90 to be displayed and compared to 2 other training rides.

Oh yeah, I built the hardware to record sound blips on a tape on the mountain bike as well - worked quite well ;)

Not sure if she'll still boot up - I'm sure it will given half a chance, coding on my A1200 in BBasic 2.1 was an inspiration.

I love the presentation of this forum and the love for Amiga seems pretty evident ;)
Last edited by marky1200 on Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:50 pm

Welcome! Thanks so much for joining, and I look forward to seeing you around the site! Your rig sounds pretty sweet.

I prefer to use Amiga in classic form (i.e. not via emulation) and really bask in the nostalgia. But, it does take a fair amount of room, which is slowly and steadily filling up. I am going to have to reduce at some stage here pretty soon.

Great to have you here.

marky1200

Posted Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:53 pm

intic8, yeah, I've attempted to compile the software I wrote in BBasic 2.1 within an emulator, but she didn't like it. This forum has given me the inspiration to boot up the attic attac Amiga 1200 ;)

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:59 pm

That's awesome! Let us know how it goes.

BTW, if all goes well, there are ADFs in the Games section you can download and put on your Amiga to really get the juices flowing.

:)

marky1200

Posted Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:04 pm

Thanks, got ADF's working successfully within an Amiga emulator a few years ago - I get my coding kicks these days from comparing GPS files from training runs and rides in a 3d thing I wrote.

Some info about it here:

www.gpsrunner.co.uk

It was all borne out of coding on my A1200 nearly 2 decades ago... scary.

Return to “Member Intros”