alterus
Victoria, BC

Posted Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:40 am

Hello everyone! Alterus here, from Victoria BC, Canada. I've been a Commodore user and fan since the mid 80s, and I'm currently quite involved in the current C64 and VIC20 scenes. I run Centronian BBS, which is an Ivorymod running on a real C64 24/7! You can find the web term here: http://centronian.servebeer.com , or access it via telnet using a PETSCII terminal on port 6400.

I recently got the Amiga bug, initially started when one of the members of our local Commodore club left a pile of Amiga magazines at my house. I recently got an A600 sent to me from the UK. It was in a dirty state, so I've cleaned and restored it, and I'm now in the process of upgrading it to modern standards :) Hope to get a Vampire V2 in there soon!

Glad to be on the forum here and thanks to Intric8 for running this place!

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:51 am

Welcome, Alterus! I'm so thrilled and honored to have you join Amiga Love.

I hope you'll share some of your 600s upgrades here along the way. Vampire 2s are not easy to come by, either!

Since you're new to Amigas (as I was not that long ago) let me recommend a starter article you may find helpful:
Transfer files from PC to Amiga using a Null Modem Cable

This is super helpful before you get a bunch of crazy hardware installed. Actually, it is still the way I prefer to move files over. It does require Amiga Explorer (or a free utility called Transdisk). Explorer is nice because you can move multiple files at once into your RAM disk, which will be even more useful when you get that Vampire up and running with more RAM than you'll ever really need.

See you around!

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:25 pm

Just saw this on Particles from you:
Alterus.png
Message from Alterus on Particles BBS

I am still working through things, but you'll definitely be getting a shipment in the near future. I'll PM you later with some pictures of things for you to choose from. There is a lot of database, spreadsheet, programming, etc. stuff to be had.

I'll be in touch soon!

Return to “Member Intros”