Daxam

Posted Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:47 pm

Not really. Used to go by Daxam back in the day in the C64 and Amiga scene in Peru (if you can believe there was one). Started out with a family Sinclair ZX-80, to my own C64 system, and eventually to A500. Did some "warez" trading, a bit of coding (machine language on C64 and some Blitz Basic on the Amiga). Now living in the USA (CA) and trying to get back to where it all started for me. Came across this awesome site through some random googling.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:06 pm

Daxam - welcome! What an awesome story, and like many here our Retro adventures are still evolving, too.

Do you have a system you're building or using right now, or still working out which direction to go?

Several here are on C64s (check out the BBS thread) and many are on every Amiga possible (500s, 600s, 1200s, 2000s... still waiting for some 3000s and 4000s to join. :)) Some are purely living the dream via emulation, and some geek out on some pretty wild mods with modern tech.

All Retro is good Retro here, and if at some point you dive into Atari or Sinclairs or whatever - we'd love to hear about it!

Thanks for joining and looking forward to hearing about your experiences.

Peace

Daxam

Posted Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:29 pm

At this point I don't have a physical system (yet). Considering either MIST or ARMiga rather than the original system - mainly due to space limitations. Seems to be the best compromise that falls between an RPi emulator and an original system (A1200 would be my preference). So still hunting for a good setup...

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:52 pm

Both very cool options. I suppose the advantage of the MiST is you're not tied to one platform. It can run all kinds of cores. That way you could feed your C64 and Amiga fix (and maybe explore ones you've never tried). But if you have your old Amiga disks handy, the Armiga is a tad cheaper... I think I'd prefer the more versatile option, personally.

But I've owned neither, so good luck on your research and decision. Wither way you go should be pretty cool. Let us know what you decide, and what you find out to be cool (or tricky) along the way!

Return to “Member Intros”