icbrkr
Particles! BBS

Posted Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:44 am

Some of you I know... some of you I'm meeting for the first time...

Name is Brian.. nick is Ice Breaker, Ice, ick-berker, whatever makes you happy.

I've been using Commodore stuff and tons of old computers since the 1980s, was in some groups in the scene during the 90s, and have been running a BBS most of the time since 1992, Particles! (http://www.particles.org)

I'm a ham dude, computer dude, and a systems engineer by trade. I collect video games (have about 4,200), old computers (75+).

Thanks to Mr. Intric8 for hosting the page ;)

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:48 am

Welcome, ice! I am extremely honored and happy to have you here. We're lucky to have you and your vast base of experiences join this community.

Curious - out of that many games, which are your favorites? I mean, I know it's super hard to pick but without ranking. Just curious.

Welcome to Amiga Love, and I look forward to seeing you around the site!

icbrkr
Particles! BBS

Posted Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:23 pm

intric8 wrote:Welcome, ice! I am extremely honored and happy to have you here. We're lucky to have you and your vast base of experiences join this community.

Curious - out of that many games, which are your favorites? I mean, I know it's super hard to pick but without ranking. Just curious.

Welcome to Amiga Love, and I look forward to seeing you around the site!
I don't think I've ever been honored before.. but sure I'll take it :)

I collect for so many systems, it would be impossible to say what my favorite games are. It's probably easier to say - what's your favorite game for <x> system :)

alterus
Victoria, BC

Posted Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:35 am

icbrkr wrote:I collect for so many systems, it would be impossible to say what my favorite games are. It's probably easier to say - what's your favorite game for <x> system :)
Fair enough. So whats your favorite game for the Vectrex? I recently got a VecMulti cart and have been loving the 2004 version of Thrust. Its based on the C64 version, and it works very very well on the Vectrex. Damn hard too!

TenLeftFingers

Posted Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:20 pm

I know the Particles BBS! Nice to 'meet' you Brian :)

icbrkr
Particles! BBS

Posted Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:12 am

alterus wrote:
icbrkr wrote:I collect for so many systems, it would be impossible to say what my favorite games are. It's probably easier to say - what's your favorite game for <x> system :)
Fair enough. So whats your favorite game for the Vectrex? I recently got a VecMulti cart and have been loving the 2004 version of Thrust. Its based on the C64 version, and it works very very well on the Vectrex. Damn hard too!
Probably Rockaroids, because honestly, the Vectrex just screamed for a proper Asteroids clone.

I'm not at home right now, but I know I have a SHUMP for it, but I can't remember offhand what it's called. Sigh.

icbrkr
Particles! BBS

Posted Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:13 am

TenLeftFingers wrote:I know the Particles BBS! Nice to 'meet' you Brian :)
Hey thanks! Do you have another nick that you go by? I'm wondering if I know you back ;)

Return to “Member Intros”