mattsoft

Posted Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:27 am

Hey all -

I'm another retro computer fan from the Seattle area. While the Atari 800XL was my first computer, the Amiga was my true love (maybe I love all things Jay Miner). Anyway, I have a modest collection now:

(2x) Commodore 64
Atari 800XL
Atari Mega ST2
Atari 520STe (4160STe)
Amiga 500
Amiga 1000
Amiga 1000 w/rejuvenator
...and too many CRT RGB monitors...

Anyways, good to see other Seattle-area retro fans. Would be fun to meet-up with other C64/Amiga fans in the area and talk hardware, games, lame 80s bands (hah), or whatever.

-matt

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:17 am

Mattsoft- so cool for you to join - Welcome!

I would be totally down with trying to put together a meetup this summer! I'm camping right now on Whidbey Island but wanted to say "hi"! :)

I live in Magnolia and work in Fremont if that helps. I think Robdaemon is over in the Kenmore area.

mattsoft

Posted Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:10 pm

intric8 wrote:Mattsoft- so cool for you to join - Welcome!

I would be totally down with trying to put together a meetup this summer! I'm camping right now on Whidbey Island but wanted to say "hi"! :)

I live in Magnolia and work in Fremont if that helps. I think Robdaemon is over in the Kenmore area.
Hey! I live in NE Seattle (Wedgwood) and work downtown in SLU -- sounds like we're all not that far from each other.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:29 pm

Amazon? :)

mattsoft

Posted Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:24 pm

intric8 wrote:Amazon? :)
Hah! No, Fred Hutch.

TenLeftFingers

Posted Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:41 am

Hi mattsoft. That's a nice collection you have :)

As for meetups, when I was meeting people I put the event online and created tickets for trading sites so it would come up in their search engines to the retro enthusiasts. It was time consuming, but you might find more sleepers that way :) In Ireland so many of us had a C64 or Amiga when I was young.

robdaemon

Posted Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:15 pm

mattsoft wrote:I'm another retro computer fan from the Seattle area. While the Atari 800XL was my first computer, the Amiga was my true love (maybe I love all things Jay Miner).
Hey there, greetings from Kenmore! It's good to see more Jay Miner fans in the area :) Your experience nearly matches mine. I started with a Timex Sinclair 1000, but got a Atari 800XL a few years later, and that's what really sealed my fate. I was nearly inseparable from that machine until I got an Amiga 500.

I work in the International District, so I'm up for a meetup with the fellow Seattle-area retro folks whenever!

Return to “Member Intros”