Lorfarius
UK

Posted Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:50 am

Just happened upon this site from the Twitter feed. UK born and grew up on the likes of the A600 (HD edition 8-) ), recently picked up an A500 and slowly getting back into the gist of things. I've also started an Amiga podcast!

http://www.amigarama.com

Planning on covering 1 different game a week with lots to come. Anyway... hello!

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:24 am

Welcome, Lofarius! We're so glad you took the plunge.

I'll have to check out your podcast. How are you going to organize it -by genre (CRPG, platformer, shooter, etc), theme (fantasy, sci-fi, etc) or just whatever suits your fancy from week to week?

When I started the Games Library here, originally I simply loaded up games and played them for a few hours before jotting down all of the game's stats and my first impressions. I came to decide over time that I personally preferred to do a deeper dive with a more in-depth review - not just high-level data points. So, these days if it is a CRPG (for example) I try my darndest to actually finish the game even if it takes me several weeks. I'm never going to document every single Amiga game ever made. There are simply too many! And there are other sites for that. So I go all-in on trying to really go for it. When it comes to platformers and some arcade shooters, though, I recognize I just can't beat most of those (e.g. Rainbow Islands, Bubble Bobble, etc.) but can at least give it several days worth to understand what I'm up against.

Here I typically focus on games that originated on NTSC hardware. But I'm not anti-PAL. There are so many fantastic games that came out of the UK alone - hell, you could do an entire podcast on just the UK market. But I do feel the NTSC games are often overlooked, so I try to give them some love here.

Really looking forward to seeing you around Amiga Love, and checking out your show!

Curious - what's your Twitter handle?

Lorfarius
UK

Posted Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:33 am

Thanks! To start with I'm going to dig into the history of each game a bit, talk about how it plays, sort of like a mini review and my thoughts. For the moment I'm just picking what interests me (have several weeks planned out) but later will ask people to make suggestions. Could make a great way to discover new titles I had no idea about. I'm hoping I can get pretty far into the library, have a Youtube channel already that recently hit 1000 videos so I seem to have the staying power for long projects :lol:

Mostly though I just love the Miggy and want to have fun exploring as many games as possible. I've never really dabbled in CRPGs, closest I ever came was the likes of the Baldurs Gate titles but I have been eyeing Ambermoon as a possible starting point in the future for an episode.

I should be able to run NTSC games to some degree as I have an ACA500 Plus on the way.

Twitter handle is @Lorfarius :D Just followed you today!

TenLeftFingers

Posted Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:34 pm

Hi Lofarius,

It's great to see/hear another podcast. Hopefully we'll collectively be able to keep the airwaves flowing 24/7 :)

I'm not a huge gamer but did listen to your first episode - very nice. I've subscribed on my podcast app <3

Lorfarius
UK

Posted Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:47 am

TenLeftFingers wrote:Hi Lofarius,

It's great to see/hear another podcast. Hopefully we'll collectively be able to keep the airwaves flowing 24/7 :)

I'm not a huge gamer but did listen to your first episode - very nice. I've subscribed on my podcast app <3
Glad you liked it! I'm up to episode 5 now, taking them in my stride :lol:

I have a load of your podcasts lined up to listen :D working my way through the Amigos one at the moment, got a lot to catch up on!

TenLeftFingers

Posted Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:34 am

We're spoiled for choice :) There's another good one called AmiCast worth listening to. It's all interview based and is technical rather than gaming.

Lorfarius
UK

Posted Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:37 am

Yep though my fav at the mo is the Amigos podcast. Think I've listened to around 80 so far :shock: Mine is still going strong of course, latest episode is all about Ork:

https://amigarama.podbean.com/e/amigara ... ode-7-ork/

TenLeftFingers

Posted Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:39 am

I didn't know episode 7 was out. Lovely. You mentioned on Twitter that Hero Quest was one of your favourites. Will you be covering it at some stage? I'd love to hear your slant on it as I loved the board game as a kid.

Lorfarius
UK

Posted Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:52 am

TenLeftFingers wrote:I didn't know episode 7 was out. Lovely. You mentioned on Twitter that Hero Quest was one of your favourites. Will you be covering it at some stage? I'd love to hear your slant on it as I loved the board game as a kid.
Yep and it's on my list to do soon :D . Hard choice between that and Space Crusade though I might do them both! So many to choose from :lol:

TenLeftFingers

Posted Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:32 am

Please do them both! :)

Return to “Member Intros”