Oojaplonk
Willenhall UK

Posted Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:25 am

Hello everyone,

I signed up to the forums after following the Amigalove twitter, I owned a good old A500 back in the day which got the usual upgrade to 1Mb of RAM, though the upgrade we got didn't have the battery backed up clock so my Amiga never knew what year it was !

I drifted between console gaming/PC gaming after school and college, until now many years later I've realised the most fun time that I had was with my Amiga back in the day.

I still have my A500 tucked away somewhere, I would love to get it all setup again !

From the UK

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:18 am

Hi Oojaplonk! Thanks so much for signing up. I hope you do indeed pull your 500 out and get her back to her glory days. If you do, you should post a pic of her! Having one you grew up with still in the family is a rare and special thing indeed.

Look forward to seeing you around the site!

TenLeftFingers

Posted Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:38 am

Hi Oojaplonk,

Welcome to the forum. There has never really been a better time to own an Amiga. All of the old magazines are easy to read. We've got loads of podcasts/streamers etc and there are great new devices and add-ons out making the experience even easier or better.

Oojaplonk
Willenhall UK

Posted Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:08 pm

Thats a great link with all the magazines, I remember reading many an issue of those, I'm sure I still have a stack or two of them. Will have to try and dig them out and post a pic or two if they are still in a readable condition.

TenLeftFingers

Posted Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:57 am

That would be great. There are a few issues that really stand out for me personally that I've ended up buying again. So it's always interesting to see what issues other's have held on to.

Return to “Member Intros”