The Dhel

Posted Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:17 am

Hey there!

Well then, I'm The Dhel from Germany. I grew up with the Amiga, since my older brother and sister owned one!
I still have have my brother's A500, with Kickstart 1.2 and a red power LED. I recently had then restored out- and inside, and upgraded them with an ACA500plus and a GOTEK drive. I'll post pictures of them later, too :)

I'm glad to be here in the company of other fellow Amiga owners and fans :)

LambdaCalculus
New Jersey, USA

Posted Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:17 am

Hello, good sir! Glad to see you here! Pull up a chair; I'll make some coffee!

I pretty much figured you were an Amiga guy from Twitter! If the subject came up, your ears perked up and you got pretty excited! :)

The Dhel

Posted Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:23 am

LambdaCalculus wrote:Hello, good sir! Glad to see you here! Pull up a chair; I'll make some coffee!

I pretty much figured you were an Amiga guy from Twitter! If the subject came up, your ears perked up and you got pretty excited! :)
I'd like a cocoa, thanks darling :)

And yeah, whenever i hear Amiga i'm like "WAT WAT WAT WHERE WHERE!?" :D As said, i grew up with this machine and i still love it so so much! <3

The Dhel

Posted Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:03 am

My Amigas :)

High res: https://i.imgur.com/9NrB2on.jpg

Left: A500, KS 1.3, ACA500plus with KS 3.1 and WB 3.1 on CF Card, GOTEK drive in ext. case
Lower right: A1200 HD, 1GB CF Card HDD, ACA1221ec in trapdoor
Upper right: A500, KS 1.2, no further modifications! As virgin as it gets.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:45 am

Very nice! So nice to see the Gotek in its own enclosure rather than pushed into the original floppy space. Sometimes that can look clean, but oftentimes it seems to be a bit of a hack job.

I love your solution as a secondary drive. Do you ever run into issues with really old software that is seeking DF0: but your files are in DF1:?

The Dhel

Posted Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:33 am

intric8 wrote:I love your solution as a secondary drive. Do you ever run into issues with really old software that is seeking DF0: but your files are in DF1:?
Nope, since i setup my ACA500plus so it automatically makes the GOTEK DF0: :)

TenLeftFingers

Posted Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:43 am

Welcome - one of my favourite games came from Germany: Settlers.
Your desk is tidier than mine, which has only one Amiga on it :cry:

The Dhel

Posted Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:48 am

TenLeftFingers wrote:Welcome - one of my favourite games came from Germany: Settlers.
Your desk is tidier than mine, which has only one Amiga on it :cry:
I keep my desk clean at all times, my dear :)
Cleanliness is a top priority for me <3

Return to “Member Intros”