Tectron
Indiana

Posted Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:51 am

I’m from northern Indiana USA. My current machines are a Frankenstein A1000 basket case and a A2500 video editing box that was formerly owned by a cable company. Back in the day I had an A500 A1000 and a A2000 that had a custom built full tower case, (I really wish I had that one back.)

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:14 am

custom built full tower case
Oh man was it an after-market case made for Amiga? I'd love to see a photo of that setup.

Welcome! Thanks for joining. Always very cool to see more stateside folks emerge from the woodwork. The US-based Amiga scene is certainly larger than most realize.

What's the part about your 1000 being a basket case? What's going on there?

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:15 am

Oh! Do you mean with the custom KS adapter?

Tectron
Indiana

Posted Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:47 am

intric8 wrote:Oh! Do you mean with the custom KS adapter?
Yep, That's the one.

Tectron
Indiana

Posted Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:49 am

I'm trying to post a response about the tower case but I keep getting an sql error??

SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Incorrect string value: '\xF0\x9F\x98\x9F\x0A\x0A...' for column 'post_text' at row 1 [1366]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:56 am

Really? Are you posting it here? What are you trying to do - post a large photo?

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:59 am

Let me know your steps and I'll try to reproduce them. I think I can log in as you and see what you see if I understand what you're trying to post. I'm not seeing anything at the moment. Thanks (and sorry!)

Tectron
Indiana

Posted Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:04 am

I clicked quote and put the message below, there aren't any pics or anything. I also tried to post it in a new post but I got the same error. It seems to be the length because the message it posted about the error went up with no problems. I'll try rewording it later on and see if that helps.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:06 am

Use the "Post a Reply" button below rather than Quote. I wonder if Quote (which is getting a lot of use lately) may be causing problems. Sometimes the nesting is out of control, when all someone really meant to do was simply reply to a single sentence.

I've been pondering removing that functionality recently, to be honest. I'll check it out here in a minute and try to reproduce. Thanks

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:08 am

Hm, I haven't been able to get it to crash. I'll keep an eye out, though. I wonder if your session is borked. I may go clean out the cache.

Return to “Member Intros”