A1-X1000
Toronto, Canada

Posted Fri May 18, 2018 2:11 pm

The new Rejuventaor boards for our mighty Amiga 1000s announcement brought me here <3

Been a long time fan of Commodore with my C64 in 83 and then in love with Amiga with my A1000 in 87, then A500, A1200, A1200T, A4000, Sam-flex@800 and the latest addtition to my man-cavehttp://mancave-ramblings.blogspot.ca/ was my AmigaOne X1000 !

Still use all of the above as much as I can (minus the Sam-flex@800 which I sold to buy my A1-X1000) and still love to tinker with my favourite OS (WB 1.3-4.1FE & beyond) and hack/fix original hardware along with new hardware to keep our original miggies feel young

I'm sure I'm not alone here when I say I don't have the spare time I used to have back in the day to enjoy my Amiga hobby but there's not one day that goes by where I don't check into amiga sites or look forward to the next Amiga Future magazine...VIVA Amiga and more importantly the Amiga users/ community :!: <3

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Fri May 18, 2018 2:25 pm

A1-X1000! Thanks so much for joining AmigaLove! And thank you SO much for sharing that link to your site. I love the 1080! Man I wish there were more kits to repair those things. I have 2, and use both nearly every day. But I can see one of mine is ever so slightly less "contrasty".

I need to get my other 3 (!!) CRTs into the rotation, too. Don't want them sitting for too long, I know.

As for the rejuvenator, there should be more news available in the next few days. I'm waiting for one more piece of information to come in on Saturday. After that the big update should be ready to send out shortly thereafter (I'm waiting on a gentleman in Kentucky to do one last thing, so once he does....).

Thanks again, and I look forward to seeing you around!

McTrinsic

Posted Fri May 18, 2018 2:28 pm

Welcome to the community dedicated to the love of the Amiga :) .

Glad to have you here.

Are there any stories behind each of the Amigas that could tell us something about what makes me so special for you?

Would be great if you could share some!

A1-X1000
Toronto, Canada

Posted Fri May 18, 2018 3:31 pm

intric8 wrote:A1-X1000! Thanks so much for joining AmigaLove! And thank you SO much for sharing that link to your site. I love the 1080! Man I wish there were more kits to repair those things. I have 2, and use both nearly every day. But I can see one of mine is ever so slightly less "contrasty".

I need to get my other 3 (!!) CRTs into the rotation, too. Don't want them sitting for too long, I know.

As for the rejuvenator, there should be more news available in the next few days. I'm waiting for one more piece of information to come in on Saturday. After that the big update should be ready to send out shortly thereafter (I'm waiting on a gentleman in Kentucky to do one last thing, so once he does....).

Thanks again, and I look forward to seeing you around!
Hi! thanks for the welcome and ya I think every amigan needs to have at least one 1080 operating in his/her collection :D

I'm excited to here any news on the new Rejuvenator board and will definitely pre-order one or a few for my A1000's <3

A1-X1000
Toronto, Canada

Posted Fri May 18, 2018 7:18 pm

McTrinsic wrote:Welcome to the community dedicated to the love of the Amiga :) .

Glad to have you here.

Are there any stories behind each of the Amigas that could tell us something about what makes me so special for you?

Would be great if you could share some!
Hi and thanks for the welcome! my goodness that's a loaded question and where to start lol ;)
The Amiga 1000 was my first and to this day my most 'loved' Amiga of all as I was lucky enough back in 1987 to save along with my older brother after drooling at one in a Comspec Commodore/Amiga dealer close to my house for what seemed like forever. We would ride our bikes every day to go into the store and just be amazed with the demos and games (Arena, Marble Madness, Defender of the Crown, Pawn, Skyfox, Super Huey, War Zone,Deluxe Paint etc etc etc). I remember my best friend spent double what we did on a 2nd hand Amiga 1000 for an Apple IIc and man oh man our C64 kicked its arse in EVERYTHING so can you imagine what the Amiga 1000 was beside the Apple :lol: :mrgreen:

Return to “Member Intros”