gregdonner

Posted Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:03 pm

Hi Everyone,

Just another fellow, long-time Amiga user back into it after a (too long) break when my Power-Towered A4000 kicked the bucket back in the early 2000s.

Recently bought an Amiga 4000 (25MHz '040) from eBay, and am in the process of restoring it to top-notch quality as much as possible.

It's in Acill's hands at the moment (so thankful for Amiga techs like him!), to be recapped and cleaned, including a PicassoIV I managed to get my hands on. Have plans to expand it with a X-Surf 100, Rapid Road USB, etc.

I'm a beta tester for OS 3.1.4, hoping to actually do some beta testing after none of the three Amiga 600s I bought worked reliably enough to use (was going to go the Vampire 600 V2 route, but that fell through).

Am a hardcore AmigaOS fan--can't say enough good about an old but deeply-loved OS that doesn't insult my intelligence (and invade my privacy) like Windoze does!

BTW, if anyone has a spare Amiga 4000 User's Guide they're willing to sell, please let me know. I want to scan it in with much better quality than is currently available on the web (I'm admittedly like that). :)

Greg

Bulletdust

Posted Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:51 pm

It's interesting that you say none of the A600's you tried were reliable enough to use. What was wrong with them?

Be sure to show us some pics of your A4000 when it's finished! The A4000's a beautiful machine, I'd kill for an A4000T, however an A3000T is my most desired Miggy. I've actually found someone in the US that's willing to sell me their A3000T, but the shipping costs and risks associated with shipping stop me from taking the leap. :(

Welcome to Amiga Love!

McTrinsic

Posted Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:31 am

Welcome!!
I think almost everyone comes back to the Amiga o e day ;)

Are you the one from gregdonner.org?

Thanks a lot for keeping the site up, has helped quite a few times.

Glad that you're here!

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:24 pm

Greg - thanks for joining! And are you the same Greg? If so, I can't tell you how many times I've used the Workbench Nostalgia page alone. That is pure gold.

And if you're not the same Greg, welcome anyway! I look forward to seeing what you're up to in your Amiga journeys. Where are you located, by the way?

LambdaCalculus
New Jersey, USA

Posted Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:22 am

Welcome to Amiga Love, Greg! I've also got myself an Amiga 4000 that I need to have recapped and set up for full-time use! Mine has a 33 MHz '040 on board.

I'd love to bump it to a 68060 if I can, but I would also absolutely support any project that comes up that puts a Vampire into the 4000! :)

A1-X1000
Toronto, Canada

Posted Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:43 pm

welcome Greg :D

Return to “Member Intros”