hasanc
Seattle, WA

Posted Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:40 am

Hello,

I’m from Chile and currently living in Seattle. I started with an Atari 800 XL and later moved to PCs. However, I always wanted an Amiga after reading about them on old magazines coming from Europe. I never saw or had a chance to buy one at the time in my small town.

Now days, 20 years later and after watching too many retro videos on YouTube :D, I got my first Amiga from eBay! an Amiga 600 PAL from UK without any mods. Unfortunately I found it has a problem (I’ve to wiggle the R audio port to fix composite video). I’m now waiting for a RGB to VGA adapter and CF PCMCIA card to install software and to continue checking the machine.

I’ve also started to build an Amiga 1200 using an FPGA and MiSTer. I’ve collected many parts so far (e.g. A1200 case, A1200 keyboard, triple LEDs, de10 nano FPGA, USB keyboard adapter) and last week I bootstrapped the FPGA for first time! (took me a while to figure out how to partition the SD card on Mac — I ended up manually patching the MBR using vim). Lots of fun!

Regards,
Carlos

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:45 am

Welcome, Carlos!

Very cool for you to take the plunge, both in experiencing the Amiga as well as the site. :)

By the way, I'm also in Seattle as are some others here. I've launched the Seattle Commodore Computer Club, but we aren't 100% Amiga/Commodore. We have plenty of lovers of Atari, Mac and more. We meet every 4-5 weeks and hang out for 3 hours to talk all things retro, look at some of our current projects or favorite machines, and of course play a few games, too. :)

Anyway, just thought I'd pass that along just in case.

Good to see you here and look forward to seeing you around! Shoot a pic of your Amiga when you get the chance. Would love to see it!

femuruy

Posted Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:15 am

Hi Carlos, let me know more about your Mister A1200 project! i don't know much about that one. My current emulators off-pc are an ARMIGA and a Raspberry Pi3 amibian

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:35 am

@femuruy have you seen this? I've had the good fortune to see it in person, and it's solid. Really impressive.

femuruy

Posted Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:55 pm

intric8 ... meh ... it lacks a numeric keypad! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Just kidding of course, fantastic project!

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:15 pm

LOL (whispering behind my hand, "I know, right?") :D

A1-X1000
Toronto, Canada

Posted Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:18 pm

@ hasanc

welcome aboard & we'll forgive you for owning an Atari ;)

McTrinsic

Posted Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:08 am

Welcome also from my side.
Just saying because owning an Atari could be forgiven now.

Of course, I have to say that since I own a nicely transplanted A7800. :)

Return to “Member Intros”