marenkay
Berlin, Germany

Posted Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:22 pm

Hello there,

having been an Amiga 500, 1200 and 3000T user in the past I decided to get back into the world of Amiga recently. So I got myself a few parts and built an Amiga 500 and am now scraping the world for an Amiga 1200 since it was and still is my all-time favorite.

Because of the Amiga I wanted to become an engineer, and now that I have been one for two decades, I finally want to get into m68k Assembly development and figure out how to solder properly.

Of course, if anyone is here from Germany or even my hometown Berlin, ping me!

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:16 am

Welcome marenkay! Thanks so much for taking the time to join AmigaLove and become a part of our little but passionate community.

We do have a few folks here from Germany as a matter of fact. If you ever get the chance to see McTrinsic's unreal Amiga Phoenix machine in person, take it!

Good luck on your search for your 1200, and if you get the chance show us a few pics of your 500. Do you have favorite games or software you use today?

I look forward to seeing you around the site.

marenkay
Berlin, Germany

Posted Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:08 pm

Continued my quest for a A1200 meanwhile and got my hands on a working A1200/HD40, and the previous owner was nice enough to forget a 68030 accelerator card inside.

The A500 is in good shape, as is the accompanying Commodore 1084S. Since both seem to be covered in the past two decades dirt, my plans for the coming weekends include cleaning up the outsides, followed by learning how to recap the machines since both are still sealed and I assume it's just luck they have not died yet. Been soldering in my youth and also while studying but then no more for 20 years.

Meanwhile, I also acquired a working Amiga 1200 mainboard with a soldered 68882 coprocessor which I plan to take apart completely and move over to the Re-Amiga 1200 (http://wordpress.hertell.nu/?p=587) board, as this seemed to be a fun exercise.

Took a quick look at the Amiga Phoenix. Lovely! Would be something to see that for real and running :-)

https://twitter.com/marenkay/status/1053374013785944071 shows the current state.

Return to “Member Intros”