BertyFromDK

Posted Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:31 am

Hi, i'm a 65 yo guy from Denmark.
I have just acquired my very first Commodore 8-bit machine, a Commodore 128DCR, and a few extra bits such as a 1750 REU and an MPS1230 printer, and now I need to learn as much about this machine as I can. To this end, I have scoured the "interwebz" for all sorts of manuals and other goodies.
This is not my first Commodore machine, though, as I have had an Amiga A1200 since 1993 which I think is a really great machine.

Other than that, I also like to: read books, especially Sci-Fi and Fantasy; listen to old rock; watch youtube videos about retro computers, science, and technology in general.

If you'd like to know more about me (within reason), feel free to ask me.

Greetings, Berty. :P

Zippy Zapp
CA, USA

Posted Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:59 am

Welcome! The 128 is a great machine, you will most certainly have fun using it. Feel free to ask about anything you want to know as there are plenty of knowledgable people here.

For manuals and such my go to place is bombjack.

BertyFromDK

Posted Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:04 am

Zippy Zapp wrote:Welcome! The 128 is a great machine, you will most certainly have fun using it. Feel free to ask about anything you want to know as there are plenty of knowledgable people here.

For manuals and such my go to place is bombjack
Hi Zippy Zapp, thanks for the welcome, I appreciate it.

I have, in fact, been visiting Bombjack recently for that very reason - as well as many other sites with info and docs.

Greetings. :)

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:45 am

Welcome, BertyFromDK!

Oh man - I visited Denmark as a kid way back in 1980. I remember my dad taking a picture of me and my brother next to a child-sized wooden viking outside of a toy shop. We also rode what seemed to me a the time a frighteningly large ferris wheel. Beautiful country.

The 128D is such a great 8-bit computer - some would argue the best. Mine is currently out of commission as it has undergone some extremely cool modifications I look forward to talking about soon. It's just lacking in one part before I can fire it back up.

As it stands the C64 gets a lot of use in my house, as does my A1000 and A2000. That's all the room I have for working machines (but I've got a skinny little new desk on order!) :)

Feel free to post pics of your machines if you get the chance. Looking forward to seeing you around AmigaLove!

BertyFromDK

Posted Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:59 am

intric8 wrote:Welcome, BertyFromDK!

Oh man - I visited Denmark as a kid way back in 1980. I remember my dad taking a picture of me and my brother next to a child-sized wooden viking outside of a toy shop. We also rode what seemed to me a the time a frighteningly large ferris wheel. Beautiful country.

The 128D is such a great 8-bit computer - some would argue the best. Mine is currently out of commission as it has undergone some extremely cool modifications I look forward to talking about soon. It's just lacking in one part before I can fire it back up.

As it stands the C64 gets a lot of use in my house, as does my A1000 and A2000. That's all the room I have for working machines (but I've got a skinny little new desk on order!) :)

Feel free to post pics of your machines if you get the chance. Looking forward to seeing you around AmigaLove!
Thanks, man, it already feels good to be here! :D
BTW I've added a comment/info to your post about the 1750 REU - that's actually the reason I signed up here. :lol:

Return to “Member Intros”