3D-vice
Germany

Posted Fri May 17, 2019 1:33 am

Hello all,

I am looking for a method to connecting all of my retro-hardware to a modern flat-screen. I've been browsing the interweb for quite some time and I've found a lot of upscaler-boxes, cheap and expensive ones, good and bad quality, but in the end I got stuck to the Framemeister from Solaris Japan. This device seems to be the flagship of upscaler units?

Since this device is quite expensive (but seem to do a very good job, picture-quality-wise), I wanted to ask if some of you guys actally own a Framemeister and if you're willing to share some insight/feedback?

Thanks in advance and cheers,
Marc

obitus1990
USA

Posted Fri May 17, 2019 4:25 am

I don’t own the FrameMeister, but I do own the OSSC (bought from videogameperfection), and it works great. It doesn’t have composite or SVideo inputs, however, which can be an issue for some systems (ones that don’t output an RGB signal). I use it with my Amigas, SNES, PlayStation 1, and original xbox.

A10001986

Posted Mon May 20, 2019 1:22 am

I own a Framemeister and an OSSC.

The Framemeister is superb for S-Video (and it handles the C64's faux-S-video well). My choice for C64&co.

For the Amiga, the OSSC is the way to go. It's crisper, it can adjust to the screen modes with variable line multiples, and overall is better capable of emulating the old CRT-look on modern LCDs. Also, it does not add any delay (but beware, your TV will add some delay, depending on brand, model and picture settings).

Mr.Toast
Roseville, CA

Posted Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:03 pm

This is a bummer. XRGB-mini production has ended and it doesn't sound like they have a successor product planned. I can't find the source but I believe it was due to end-of-life (EOL) component(s) that would require re-design efforts.

End of Production for the FrameMeister

3D-vice
Germany

Posted Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:39 am

Mr.Toast wrote:This is a bummer. XRGB-mini production has ended and it doesn't sound like they have a successor product planned. I can't find the source but I believe it was due to end-of-life (EOL) component(s) that would require re-design efforts.

Thanks for the info! This is a bummer indeed. Ah well, time to get one of those now b4 they are gone...

3D-vice
Germany

Posted Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:14 am

3D-vice wrote:
Mr.Toast wrote:This is a bummer. XRGB-mini production has ended and it doesn't sound like they have a successor product planned. I can't find the source but I believe it was due to end-of-life (EOL) component(s) that would require re-design efforts.

Thanks for the info! This is a bummer indeed. Ah well, time to get one of those now b4 they are gone...
IMG_20190704_1400511.jpg
Got it! ;)

Mr.Toast
Roseville, CA

Posted Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:05 pm

Awesome! Congrats!

3D-vice
Germany

Posted Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:54 am

Mr.Toast wrote:Awesome! Congrats!
Thank you! :) Now I just need to wait for the English language remote control layover to arrive, and I hope I'll get the English firmware flashed without problems. Hm, maybe there's some knowledge left somewhere within my brain from my academic studies of the Japanese language to get through the menu and manual...

Return to “Retro Corner”