intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:28 pm

Just in case you haven't heard about this yet
Patrick Stewart will be returning to his iconic role as Jean-Luc Picard in a new @cbsallaccess #StarTrek series that tells the story of the next chapter in Picard’s life‼️
My wife and I love STTNG and this character so much we named our dog Jean Luc over four years ago.

I've been holding out on Discovery. I just felt so against buying a subscription to CBS when the damned show should simply be on over-the-air TV. They are classing millions out of watching Star Trek, which to me just seems completely wrong.

But by adding a second show, and starting the legendary Patrick Stewart, I don't think I can hold out any longer. I was hoping to buy Discovery on Amazon eventually. But when this goes live, I'll have to just sign up. But I'm waiting to the last second until it's available.
Attachments
DjyDI9dUwAERc8r.jpg

mattsoft

Posted Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:09 pm

Yeah, I'm hoping this is good. Patrick Stewart is the man. Loved TNG and DS9. Everything after that is meh.

Speaking of Discovery...it is so dumb it hurts my brain. Such a shame because it has some great actors and interesting characters. The lead, Sonequa Martin-Green, is especially well-cast and enjoyable to watch.

If you haven't already done so, check out The Orville -- it's Seth MacFarlane's cheeky take on TNG and has several veteran TNG and DS9 cast members (e.g., Penny Johnson, Jonathan Frakes) in front and behind the camera. The season starts slow but gets better and has some pretty heavy TNG-like storylines.

Zippy Zapp
CA, USA

Posted Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:48 pm

Great news. I hope they release some more information soon.

Dynamic_Computing

Posted Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:31 am

I actually like Discovery - it is a really interesting take on the series and an interesting interpretation of Klingons.
Just spend the 6 bucks for one month of CBS all access, binge watch Discovery in that time, and cancel your subscription until the next season is out.
I found value in all the Trek shows - but DS9 and Voyager hold special places in me heart.

Return to “Retro Corner”