walldog

Posted Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:24 pm

intric8 wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:21 pm
Current status. I love this watch so much, I've changed the band 3 times. They will eventually crack after a couple of years, but you can find brand new shrinkwrapped official band replacements on Ebay.
Nice... Gotta love it

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA
Website

Posted Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:04 am

Here's an interesting one you don't see every day. In fact, when I sourced this one a while back it was from a seller somewhere in eastern Europe (unboxed, but NOS).

I picked this one up back then because I liked the rugged sporty look and really unusual and cool digital features.

This is the Casio CPW-200 1090 (aka Casio 1030), of which there were several color combinations produced. I think this was manufactured in 1993.
IMG_6580.jpg
IMG_6582.jpg
Beyond the eye-catching looks, what makes this watch so different is that big module sticking out the left side of the crown. This houses the fascinating digital compass. I also love the seconds display, which is the blue ring all the way around the crown which fills in over the course of a minute.
IMG_6583.jpg
But that seconds ring is also where the compass can be displayed when you go into the navigation mode.

Don't you feel just a tiny pang of envy when you see some of this watch's instruction manual?
Screen Shot 2020-03-30 at 9.53.59 AM.png

Return to “Retro Corner”