Shooptacular

Posted Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:49 pm

Shut up and take my money already :D

Seems promising, and I will back for sure...

I have a question, if it already was answered I am
sorr. In your initial post you wrote 1 set of keys
would be around 130$ plus shipping, tax, etc.

In a more up to date post you say 1 set would come
in at around 34,95$... did you miss the first digit?
Or you came across a solution to get them produced
much cheaper?

By the way the Copyright owner for Commodore...
At least here in Europe is:

individual Computers Jens Schönfeld GmbH
Im Zemmer 6
52152 Simmerath
Germany
Fax: +49 (0)241 12088
Tel: +49 (0)241 12077
E-Mail: [email protected]

Greetings from Germany

JimDrew
LHC, AZ

Posted Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:16 am

My keycap campaign will have keycap sets at $34.95 per set. Individual Computers licensed the Commodore trademark usage from BV Holdings, Inc. which has since changed names (maybe ownership?) and nobody can seem to get in touch with them.

rpiguy9907

Posted Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:10 pm

JimDrew wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:16 am
My keycap campaign will have keycap sets at $34.95 per set. Individual Computers licensed the Commodore trademark usage from BV Holdings, Inc. which has since changed names (maybe ownership?) and nobody can seem to get in touch with them.
Perhaps for a small fee Jens could sell the caps through his site, making use of the copyright legitimate.

CrUzE

Posted Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:22 pm

I'm in it for sure... Would love to get the clear ones... Hell, i'll take the others as well... x3 of each...

dalek
Australia

Posted Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:05 pm

JimDrew wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:16 am
Pretty sure Cloanto have the Commodore copyrights including logo...

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:23 pm

Pretty sure Cloanto have the Commodore copyrights including logo...
My understanding is they/he own the Amiga brand, not Commodore.

Horrible there's so much confusion around this topic...

CmaxS

Posted Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:19 am

Great project Jim, very much looking forward and will surely be backing for multiple sets!
Would definitely prefer the top/front-printed version, so it would be great if you could at least have that as a stretch goal.

JimDrew
LHC, AZ

Posted Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:21 pm

I will definitely have the top/front as a stretch goal. In fact, I will have at least two stretch goals that would include either type of printing option. If you guys can think of other stretch goals, please let me know!

I am finishing up the video and campaign info (lots of stuff to fill out). I am officially "verified" through Indiegogo, and they are just waiting for me to submit the campaign for approval. I have opted not to mention Phase5 by name in the info, but I certainly will in the community chat.

BV Holdings (which is now C= Holdings) owns the trademarks and usage rights to the name "Commodore" and it's logos. Jens has a license to use the Commodore name/logo. He does not own the Commodore brand and thus has no ability to sub-license it. Cloanto owns the copyrights to the Commodore software, which includes all ROM code and operating systems from the PET through the Amiga.

3D-vice
Germany

Posted Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:35 am

JimDrew wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:21 pm
If you guys can think of other stretch goals, please let me know!
If I got it right, you will offer the follwing colors:

- White keycaps w/black text
- Black keycaps w/white text
- Grey keycaps w/black text
- Translucent keycaps w/white text

As a stretch goal, you could additionally offer the original keycap colors, for those people who'd like to have a 1:1 replacement:

- Brown keycaps w/white text (RAL 1019)
- Beige keycaps w/black text (RAL 1013)

Also, since all of the commodore keyboards have 2 base colors (separate F-key colors), wouldn't it be interesting to offer the option to choosing an alternative color (out of the available pool) for the F-keys? Or even offer something like this:

- complete keyboard (66 keys) > 1 color
- main keyset (62 keys) > 1 color
- F-keys (4 keys) > 1 color

Question: Since you'll start an IndieGoGo campaign, do you make a Fixed Funding or a Flexible Funding campaign? I ask because the Flexible Funding option seems to become more and more unpopular...

Anyway: I'l definitely support your campaign!

JimDrew
LHC, AZ

Posted Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:58 am

I will have stretch goals for the colors of keycaps.

Fixed funding is the only thing that makes sense. The tooling has to be paid for, and if there is not enough interest to cover the cost of that then I am not interested in pursuing it any further. I am not going to pay the difference out of my own pocket when clearly there would be no way to recoup the money if the campaign goal was not met.

Return to “Commodore 8 Bits”