intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Thu May 02, 2019 12:19 pm

It's really stunning when you sit back and consider how much quality content is being made for the C64 in modern times, 25 years after the bankruptcy of Commodore.

Below is just a small portion of my purchases, as found on itch.io.
Screen Shot 2019-05-02 at 12.16.15 PM.png
There are so many more beyond this - and a ton of free high-quality games, too!

This week also saw the release of Fast Freddie II (with soundtrack music by Queen, Black Sabbath and more).

What a great time to be a C64-lover! <3

P.S.
In case you missed today's news, Sarah Jane Avory published a new vertical shoot-em up called Neutron which looks amazing. PAL-only right now, but if you have the means you should check it out. The cost is "Name your price."

3D-vice
Germany

Posted Thu May 16, 2019 2:30 am

That's a great topic! I'd like to add yet another amazing game: Sam's Journey

It has been developed and released by Knighs of Bytes (a small company run by my personal close friend Chester Kollschen) end of 2017 and was and is quite a success. The game runs on an original unmodified C64 and comes boxed and either on disk or on cartgridge. The cartridge version just looks great and you can even save your game on the cartridge! (thank you Jens Schönfeld for developing the cartridge hardware).
WhatsApp Image 2018-01-10 at 18.42.38.jpeg
That's my purchase of the game.

I really enjoy playing those new titles and I am glad that people are enabled to develop such games. <3

Oh, and if you're interested, you can get it here.

Return to “Commodore 8 Bits”