Mr.Toast
Roseville, CA

Posted Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:29 pm

Recent spelunking on the 8bit side of the internet and I stumbled on this neat project from http://c64os.com/

This was heroic effort to convert a standard breadbin to a all-in-one luggable unit. A hand made SX64 of sorts. What I really appreciated was the great lengths the maker went to document the journey-both good and bad. This project made its debut at the WoC 2018 up in (insert cliché adjective here) Canada. I thought this was a very cool project and deserves some visibility.

Maybe one day I'll find some derelict Amiga hardware and build a portable case around it. But...not sure I can bring myself to go that far when there are legit new cases available today.

If you get a chance to check out his site, be sure to dig through his catalog-which is mostly placeholders atm but it did offer a few items of interest-including this fine set of patches to support his hobby work:
IMG_20181228_151307.jpg
Sweet patches bro. One of these is destined for my ESD coat to wear at work :D

If you have some leisure reading time, I highly recommend you go check out his work!

Regards,
Toast.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:48 pm

Oh yeah - this project is legendary. Gregory Nacu's a very cool dude, too. I'll have to pick up one of those patches, too - those look great.

Return to “Commodore 8 Bits”