intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:07 pm

I freaking begged.

I worked with Michael directly and he was supremely cool to me. But it sounds like they had tons of issues and it all became a huge time suck and loss leader for them. In other words, the amount of issues and complaints they got from US customers wasn't worth their time.
In the past we stopped shipping such case parts to outside of Europe, because (mostly in USA) we had many problems with USPS and damaged or lost packages.
I paid quite a bit for shipping and accepted responsibility for whatever happened.

obitus1990
USA

Posted Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:10 pm

Yes, that's what I was told, as well....

"We had much trouble with USPS.
When we ship with DHL, 1 day later it arrives in the USA and then it is given over to USPS. And then the problems starts.
Some packages get lost, some get damaged, some takes 4 weeks to arrive at the end point and some are without any problem.

I hope you understand my decision to stop shipping to USA until we found a new safe way.

Best regards,
Michael."

For the record, I've had many items shipped to me from Germany, via DHL then to the USPS, and have never had a single item damaged or lost, including a Blizzard 2060.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:17 pm

Yeah, I've had tons from Jens, too. I think with the Plexliglass - which is quite long and thin - if some dude just chucks in his truck and uses it like a frisbee onto someone's porch, bad things happen.

Now. If you have a friend or connection in the EU that could buy one for you and ship it to you that would work as well. You'd have to pay a tiny bump on top of shipping as a result, but that would be another way to go.

Heck - someone here might even be willing to help you out.

Return to “Commodore 8 Bits”