intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:23 pm

Sega's Alien Syndrome - a good arcade port for Amiga - has been added to the Games Library.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:52 pm

Starflight, the sci-fi adventure RPG masterpiece from Binary Systems / Micro Magic / Electronic Arts has been added to the Games Library. Took me a month to do a proper review of this game.

If you like sci-fi, and/or Star Trek, this game is a stunning achievement. It requires full commitment (it's not an arcade game) and a lot of time. But it's also the kind of game you could play for years and still enjoy. 5 <3s .

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:53 pm

Taito/Graftgold arcade port classic Rainbow Islands (1990) has been added to the Games Library. Have you played it before? How many hearts would you vote for it (1 being awful, 5 being amazing beyond belief). You can use the large hearts on the Game pages to vote for any game you've played, in fact.
Attachments
ari-1.jpg
Intro-screen for Rainbow Islands on Amiga.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:15 pm

Silent Service - the groundbreaking submarine simulation by Sid Meier - has been added to the Games Library.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:56 pm

Gauntlet II, an incredibly accurate arcade port, has been added to the Games Library. If you like arcade games, you're going to love this translation.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:14 pm

I completely re-wrote the review for Black Crypt now that I've finally completed the game. I added 26 brand new screenshots and a lot more depth to what I'd put there originally. I hope you enjoy it. Pretty proud to have beaten this exceptionally difficult yet gorgeous game.
IMG_2257.jpg
IMG_2279.jpg

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:20 pm

Gateway to the Savage Frontier (1991) - a beautifully drawn addition to the venerable Gold Box series of games by SSI has been added to the Games Library. Full review, 29 screenshots and ADFs from three original disks.
GotSF-0.jpg
GotSF-28.jpg

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:42 pm

The Immortal (1990) - a gorgeously rendered fantasy-based soul crusher by Electronic Arts has been added to the Games Library. Full review, 23 screenshots, and complete ADFs from two original disks.
immortal-2.jpg
immortal-5.jpg
immortal-14.jpg
immortal-23.jpg

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:11 am

After several weeks of playing and recording my thoughts, Dungeon Master has finally been added to the Games Library. It was tough as nails. But when you sit in front of the game and realize everything about it was literally brand new at the time of release it's just amazing.

Enter, if you dare.
dm-5.jpg

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:50 pm

The grandaddy of CRPGs, Rogue, has been added to the Amiga Love Games Library.

Also created a 44 minute video where I walk through how to play the game on the Amiga, and offer a few high-level strategy tips. After about half-way through, I start to get a bit goofy. I can't help myself. It's in the genes.

For the article review, my brother - who has played a clone version for 15-20 years via internet browser, off and on - offers some of his own awesome tips and advice.

TL;DR
The game does NOT take advantage of the Amiga's potential, but it doesn't matter. It's a pure joy to play and highly addicting. Easily one of my favorite games (regardless of platform).
Attachments
IMG_5952.jpg

Return to “Site News”