intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:42 pm

I wanted to thank everyone who has visited Amiga Love in 2016, which was "awakened" on February 9, 2016, with our first official post of consequence on how to "Transfer files from PC to Amiga using a Null Modem Cable". Technically, the site went online on January 1, 2016, but I was customizing the site and figuring things out for the first 5 weeks. New Year's Day will be our official 1-year birthday, however.

I wanted to give a special shout out to Shot97, who has been integral in creating some top-notch content on the site this year including: Getting The Amiga 500 Online – The You’re Not Stupid Guide, gaming reviews World Circuit - Formula One Grand Prix, and Wing Commander IV – In-depth Review And Journey, among many other contributions over the course of the year. Shot, you've been amazing.

Also, terriblefire, TenLeftFinges, rjd, Sir_Lucas, and all the rest of the members of Amiga Love: it's from contributions like yours that have helped to build the foundation for a pretty cool little Commodore community, and I really appreciate your deciding to join and participate here. I hope you continue to add your experiences and thoughts about retro-computing and gaming. You guys and gals rock.

Each year I put my kids (and dog) in holiday cards that I design and composite together. It generally takes a couple of days after work to put these together, but it's always a lot of fun. This year we went with a Super Mario theme.

Happy New Year, everyone!

(And yes, I know my card isn't Amiga/Commodore related, but kids... you know.) ;)
Attachments
xmas-2016.jpg
Graham, Olivia and Jean Luc wishing you a happy new year!

Shot97
Detroit, MI, USA

Posted Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:23 pm

Been an enjoyable journey from my end. This place inspired me to try my hand writing articles. Something I previously felt would be an absolute waste of energy on other forums... I could simply copy and paste what I write here elsewhere, and THAT would be a waste of my energy... Thanks for being welcoming to me and others. Love the game database that goes along with the forum and am looking forward to that growing. Hoping 2017 brings us a few regular posters and some more members.

- A dog Koopa Troopa... Mario stands no chance!!!!

Return to “Site News”