intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:39 am

Just wanted any regulars to fear not if they encounter any weirdness today. My ISP, Dreamhost, is upgrading the operating system of my server today.
We expect the upgrade process to take no more than 2 hours.

You may notice that your website will be unreachable for brief periods while we work on your server. Don't worry - this is normal!
Hopefully no one notices anything, but it's possible.

If, after today, you notice anything odd do please let me know.

LambdaCalculus
New Jersey, USA

Posted Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:22 am

So far so good. Everything feels like it's all working right.

Leffmann

Posted Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:58 am

intric8 wrote:If, after today, you notice anything odd do please let me know.
I noticed the mouse pointer has changed. Is the server running Ubuntu 1.3?

No, everything seems to be working fine actually.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:37 am

Hah! Yeah, I couldn't resist messing with the pointer. I've got some site design enhancements I've been rolling around in my head lately, but most of them are a bit more heavy duty. This was a cute quickie.

I actually had it more 'pure amiga pointer' at one point (no pun intended) where the pointer didn't change on hover over clickable elements. But frankly I think in the Web world most users are so trained to see their pointer change on hover that I made links and buttons create default mouse pointers so as not to confuse anyone.

I think from a usability standpoint it's better this way. I do hope to make some more updates here in the near future, but glad the site seems to be stable and working well again.

icbrkr
Particles! BBS

Posted Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:40 pm

I'm typing this on an Amiga, so the 1.3 pointer didn't seem all that out of place :)

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:33 pm

I'm typing this on an Amiga
Nice! I'm so glad the site is functional on Amiga hardware :)

Return to “Site News”