Bulletdust

Posted Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:19 pm

I just wanted to let everyone know, that I got home today and noticed mail sticking out of the mailbox from a state in the US, which I thought was odd as I haven't ordered anything from the US.

So I get all my work gear out of the car and while I'm lugging it into the workshop I bring this mysterious letter with me. I set everything down, check the PC's I'm working on in the workshop and open this mystery letter only to find an Amigalove.com decal and a hand written card from Intric8 wishing me a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

It instantly brought a smile to my face knowing that there's such good people in the world that I will most likely never get a chance to meet in person. I've dealt with some shocking site admins in the past and I'm a moderator myself on the overclockers.com.au forums - So from my family to yours, thank you very much for your kind gesture my friend!

Now to find a special place for this decal - That's the hardest part!

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:45 am

@Bulletdust: truly it was my pleasure. It makes my heart swell that you enjoyed getting it so much. I feel like it's the least I can do.

Being able to "meet" all of you here to have this tiny little place where we can talk and share our retro experiences means a lot to me. The fact that you all take valuable time out of your day to create an account, write something and actually care. . . it always humbles me and makes me so grateful of everyone's efforts. Trust me when I say I don't take it for granted.

And isn't it nice to get a piece of mail that isn't a bill or an advertisement for new blinds or tacky furniture? :D

Happy New Year to you and yours, and to all here.

If anyone else that is a member here would like a sticker and hasn't received one, just shoot me a PM and we'll get that sorted. I've got some more stored away for this little community of ours as we continue to slowly add more folks. Whatever is left over I'll save for a rainy day. Here in Seattle this time of year that's, like, tomorrow! ;)

Cheers
<3

Bulletdust

Posted Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:35 pm

And isn't it nice to get a piece of mail that isn't a bill or an advertisement for new blinds or tacky furniture? :D
My friend, the mailbox contained your greeting along with about five catalogs relating to everything from furniture to electrical goods. I took your greeting, the rest went in the recycle bin!

You're a good man my friend.

Return to “Site News”