intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:31 am

In my attempts to continue to improve and streamline amigalove.com's UI, one of the glaring holes I needed to fill was to create a default user avatar. That's the little picture next to everyone's name on the site.

And due to the way this site works, unfortunately, when I uploaded the default avatar it seems to have deleted everyone's avatar on the site that had been previously uploaded! Unbelievable that the software would do such a thing, and I'm really sorry.

If you never uploaded a pic in the past, this won't affect you save for the fact you've now got a grayed out Amiga checkmark everywhere you go.

If you had an avatar in the past - and there were several of you, I know - I'm really sorry. You'll have to re-upload those pics I think. I'm not sure why it works this way... Ugh! So sorry.

You have to go to your user dropdown in the header > User Control Panel > Profile Tab > Edit Avatar (left column). I'm planning on making getting to this stuff easier later on, too. It's kind of ridiculous.

Zippy Zapp
CA, USA

Posted Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:26 pm

That's it, for one week you can only use a Timex Sinclair 1000 computer.

That'll teach ya.

:lol:

Seriously, though, not a big deal to reup the avatar.

McTrinsic

Posted Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:38 am

No worries. I still have to upload mine anyways. :)

Bulletdust

Posted Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:25 am

That's nothing, I broke my whole business website trying to update a plugin - As in I had nada and I rely on my website for work!

Totally crapped myself until I realized my host takes daily backups. Now I download backups of the backups!

It happens to the best of us my friend!

TenLeftFingers

Posted Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:21 pm

For a minute I thought maybe registrations were disabled so I'm very relieved to see that it's just the avatars! Thanks for all the great work you do intric8 - the site has been amazing for a long time yet keeps getting better <3

Return to “Site News”