intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:06 am

Based on user feedback I've created a new site section in the forum called "8 Bits". This is intended to be used for all things Commodore 64, 128 (PET, whatever). A lot of us here grew up on the Commodore 8 bits and the Lounge is getting pretty full of its related content.

It was time.

FWIW, I host a Slack for members of the SEA-CCC and we've had an 8-bits channel there from day one. And it's very busy, too.

Note:
I attempted to move a pre-existing post from Mr. Toast "pi1541 build" from the Lounge over to the new forum. It did so instantly. But when I went to delete the original post in the Lounge it deleted both it and the new one in 8-bits. Super annoying! I suppose the intention is to move (copy) the original to a new location then lock the original. But that's pretty dumb, except for some minor SEO support, I suppose.

In any case I don't plan on moving any other topics over as the duplication would get messy.
Attachments
IMG_8929.jpg
I'm not about to create a whole separate site for the C64/128 right now, but a Sub is *way* overdue.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:19 am

I figured out how to move topics & posts without creating duplication. Very cool! It might break some inbound links, so I won't do very much there.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:29 am

I moved a few more topics over. I only moved my own posts in case something bad happened along the way this time.

I learned if I moved a topic that had more than 1 page of posts, bad things did indeed happen - so I had to completely eliminate one of our threads. Argh! I think I'm done migrating things over for now.

Return to “Site News”