intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:12 pm

By popular request, MsMadLemon of well-deserved YouTube fame has put together a fabulous new video walkthrough of one of her favorite music tracking programs: Soundtracker Pro 2.

This video is part one of a future larger series she's planning on doing around music trackers, and if you have any interest in making music on your Amiga this is absolutely must-see TV.

MsMadLemon walks through the basics of the software by demonstrating common concepts that could be applied to similar software packages. This is the exact place most folks need some guidance to get started with this type of music creation. She explains the various ins and out of the interface and shows how to quickly assemble some nice sound loops into a larger composition. Very cool stuff. It's pretty wild seeing how in just a matter of minutes she is able to produce some some dance beats that make your head bop up and down.

A full version of the Soundtracker Pro 2 software was offered in a cover disk of Amiga Magazine in the May, 1996 issue.

You can download the ADF right here if you're in the mood to make a little thumpin' music on your Amiga, too.
Attachments
soundtrackerpro2.png
Interface for Soundtracker Pro II

LambdaCalculus
New Jersey, USA

Posted Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:12 am

I've been watching more of MsMadLemon's videos and I'm extremely impressed with her knowledge. She clearly loves the Amiga platform as much as we do, and her tech videos also display a love and passion for the hobby.

Once all my gear comes in for my A500, I'm itching to play with Soundtracker Pro 2 and see what I can do with it. But I'll need a way to write ADFs to a floppy (and bigger question is getting the needed floppy disks for the Amiga; all I have are DS/HD 1.44MB floppies I stocked up on for my old Macs and my Sony Mavica!) :P

(Side note: has anyone invited Maddi to join us here? She's more than welcome!)

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:03 am

You can pick up DSDD disks on eBay pretty easily. The trick is to buy in bulk - not a single box at a time. I snagged a crate of 10 boxes. Compared to the other auctions, it was as if I got 60 disks for free.

Bulk is the way to go.

And no - I don't ask folks to join. There has to be a desire from a user's point of view otherwise all you get is an account created that just sits dormant.

I can tell you several folks that have created accounts are merely readers (which is totally fine). Not everyone wants to chime in.

Return to “The Lounge”