intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:36 am

I find these on a fairly regular basis on old floppies.

Today, I submit "Cheetah" in its natural habitat.
IMG_2075.jpg
IMG_2073.JPG

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:58 pm

Small portion of my Gold Box collection for Amiga. I've finished the first three; I look forward to playing Pools of Darkness later this year, probably in the Fall.
Attachments
ForgottenRealms-GoldBox.jpg

bnilsson

Posted Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:47 am

I love this cheetah picture. Is it possible to find somewhere in the original iff/ilbm format?

I really to watch high quality art on a real Amiga.

Same goes for this one you posted about on twitter some time ago:
https://twitter.com/AmigaL0ve/status/10 ... 8999158785

I have small collection of good iff files, but its been hard to find the original files, most are screenshots.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:24 am

I love this cheetah picture. Is it possible to find somewhere in the original iff/ilbm format?
I can't recall if I've stated this anywhere before (or if I have, where it would be) but I'm a collector of original PD disks. Fred Fish is one thing, and it's fine, but a giant majority of it is actual programs many of which I will never personally use.

Back in the 1980s and early 1990s, there were several companies and magazines that produced floppy disks with all kinds of gems on them. In addition, BBSes would have vast hordes of interesting files, too.

I have several stacks of disks that I am in the process of planning how to share. I realize the audience for these is tiny, but that's not the point. I don't think any of them are online anywhere and that really should change. I hope to make a small dent in that.

I have the cheetah, and several other amazing art files, still on floppy. And per your other post, I too love using real floppies. 99% of mine all work great. They won't last forever, but frankly nothing will. So if I can create some ADFs of what I have, we should be able to keep things going as long as we care to, right?

I very much like the idea of a Gotek as an external drive, however. Moving things over via USB would greatly speed up my process.

Return to “The Lounge”