Dynamic_Computing

Posted Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:23 am

Turn on those Amiga's and launch DeluxePaint! It's time for the First Annual Amiga Art Contest! I have joined up with Pixel Vixen and Amiga on the Lake to host a fun art contest using our Amiga's as the paint brush.

The rules are simple:

Use an Amiga to create the artwork. A real one or virtual one is just fine.
Submit your artwork to one, two or all three categories below
Have fun and tell your friends about the contest!

The three categories are as follows:

1. Hand Drawn Artwork - Anything you create yourself in a paint package would meet this criteria. Anime, modern art, cartoons - if you can draw it, submit it!

2. Digital Photography. Get those pictures into the Amiga! Digi-View, DCTV, load a .JPG image from your digital camera into AdPro - however you bring your digital images into the Amiga is OK by us. But then show us your creative side, don't just submit a picture, make it something beautiful and creative with the power of the Amiga!

3. Ray Tracing - Amiga was King of the Hill with Ray tracing for years. Dust off that old copy of Turbo Silver and show us what you can create!

Any Amiga format is fine, from 2 color, to HAM6 and HAM8 all the way up to 24 bit from an RTG card! As long as your Amiga created it, you can submit it.

Please Email your artwork to me - [email protected] - If you would rather upload it to a dropbox link that can be provided. .IFF format is great, but any format you create should be OK. Please include the Hardware and Software you used in your creation, and include a description of how you did it if you want.

The winner in each category (judged by Vicky and myself) will win a brand-new copy of Personal Paint 7.3C donated by Amiga on the Lake! The contest will go all throughout September and we will announce the winners in October.

Of course I will do an entire show showing off all of the artwork.
Questions? Just reach out to me on Twitter @10marc1 or email me [email protected]

Have fun!

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:49 am

I'm nearly done with my submission. It's hard to really appreciate this thing if you aren't using a CRT. The CRT gives me WAY more depth and feeling than a flat LCD could. It's like it gives me free details I could have never painted without a WACOM and Photoshop (which I obviously didn't use for this).

And I don't care if I win anything - I'm sure I won't as this was just a fun afterwork doodle. But I'm glad I did it; it's been a real blast working on this for a few hours over the last week.

The big reveal is coming soon! =)

Some closeups:
b2tF-3.jpg
DMC in tha house!

b2tF-2.jpg
b2tF-1.jpg
Don't forget to sign it!

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:35 pm

OK, I'm done!

File details:
100% hand drawn in Deluxe Paint III
320x200 NTSC
32 colors

I had to look at several Delorean toys I've collected over the years to get the angles close. I also made a huge n00b mistake (which I've decided not to fix right now). I had no idea that DP's UI Chrome was a part of the 320x200 file. So my finished piece has a 10 pixel black bar across the top, and a 25 pixel vertical black bar along the right side. Ah well, live and learn.

I'd love to put this image on a mousepad or something, but then I guess it would have to be from a photograph. The actual image looks like a postage stamp on my Mac. Hah!
EG0BZS4UUAAaxG9.jpg
EG0BZS5UUAECSwe.jpg

Return to “The Lounge”