oldbull

Posted Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:36 pm

My fellow Americans, if there's anything you've been putting off ordering, NOW is the time to get it.

On Twitter
News Article

obitus1990
USA

Posted Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:20 pm

All I can say is "GOOD." Tired of China and other countries gaming the system at our expense.

McTrinsic

Posted Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:55 pm

Totally agree. While it might appear a weird move it does make sense to force a new deal.

A10001986

Posted Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:06 am

Second that. And there are many more such institutions which deteriorated over time and are in dire need of a forced renewal.

rpiguy9907

Posted Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:04 pm

The fact that I can get free shipping from China on half the things on AliExpress is insane. Politics aside you can't argue that China is a huge polluter and shipping things vast distances greatly increases the carbon footprint of the little doodad you ordered from across the largest ocean on the planet.

I am also glad this is happening.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:24 pm

UN Postal Union Clinches Deal To Keep US in Club
The deal was agreed by consensus at the Universal Postal Union's emergency congress after two days of talks, with delegates standing to applaud. The Trump administration served notice last October that it would leave in 12 months unless fee rates were changed so that importing countries did not lose money from distributing mail and packages from countries including China in the age of e-commerce. Under the phased agreement, high-volume importers of mail and packages would be allowed to begin imposing "self-declared rates" for distributing foreign mail from January 2021. Countries with more than 75,000 tonnes in post imported annually -- mainly the United States -- may apply their self-declared new rates from July 2020, UPU officials said.

Return to “The Lounge”