3D-vice
Germany

Posted Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:56 am

I wish all of you here on the forum a happy new year.

The year 2020 (geee..sus, look at this number! The future is now!!) will be an exciting one for sure.

I for myself am looking forward to getting one of those black Checkmate Plus A500+ cases for my Amiga 500, then I can finally start working on my Amiga project.

Cheers to all of you. :D

McTrinsic

Posted Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:23 am

Glad someone finally started this thread.

Happy new year everyone and lots of love ❤️!!

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:16 am

Happy New Year!

2019 was such a great year for me - all the way around. From the retro scene, it was mind bogglingly good, too. I have no complaints. I can only hope 2020 continues at such a strong pace. Heck, even if I only hit ½ of the previous pace I'd be more than thrilled.

On the Commodore 64 front so many great new games came out for our beloved machine.

If I had to pick 1 game as a "Best of 2019" I'd actually have to pick two, in a tie. My first pick would be L'Abbaye des Morts, which to me is simply a masterpiece. And yes, I play it in NTSC mode which is even a bit faster than what many play it in. The day I beat that game was one I won't soon forget. I played that game to death, and was proud when I finally got to the final screen (and was pretty stunned at what I saw).

My second pick would have to be the jaw-droppingly epic Mario Bros 64. To think someone spent 7 years of their life to unwind that technical and artistic challenge fills me with awe and inspiration.

And those are just 2. There were so many others worthy of praise, too!

On the Amiga side, from a personal perspective, finally beating Rogue is one of my most cherished gaming memories I'll ever have. Also, finishing Ultima IV after all of these yes was a massive thrill, and huge achievement. That game nearly killed me. But I survived! Beating Elvira was a ton of fun, too, but I don't rank that experience nearly as highly as it's simply not as iconic of a title.

On the hardware side, acquiring and sharing an Amiga Development System, an A500 Chickenlips and some very cool mechanical keyboards for the 2000 was beyond special. Finally acquiring not one but two Amiga 3000's has been a dream come true, too. Thanks, 2019! It's gotta be all downhill from here. Hah!

But at the end of the day, none of this matters without you all being here. It's the people - the sharing of experiences - that matters to me the most. Hat tip to all of you, and here's to the new decade together. I'm very excited for what's yet to come.
8F1960B4-15FD-4B4A-92E0-2ECBE00413D2.jpg

Return to “The Lounge”