TenLeftFingers

Posted Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:29 am

Shot97 wrote:>>>And I'm still at it.<<<
Any more EPs or albums in the works?

Shot97
Detroit, MI, USA

Posted Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:30 am

There is. That's why there's only a video for the new song, because the rest of them are not ready and I don't want to release MP3s until it's structured together. It's going to be another themed album, trying to tell a story through the music. I'm just slowly pecking at it right now, but I've recently been wanting to get a new one complete.

The 24th of March (2 days) is the one year anniversary of publishing the album, might be cool to have something new come out after the year mark, although it'll be at least a month or two.

Once I do that, I'm pondering putting my MT-32 to some use in DOS. See if I can't get a good sequencing program over there and mess around with a new sound, maybe make a new guide... Although nobody has an MT-32 so I'd be speaking to myself mostly. haha

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:50 pm

Although nobody has an MT-32 so I'd be speaking to myself mostly. haha
Ah, but you never know. It might inspire some folks to go hunt one down or pull it out of the attic. It's a fairly highly sought after piece of retro MIDI synth kit, right?

The new album - do you envision it to be more an EP length, or a full-on album again like last time?

Shot97
Detroit, MI, USA

Posted Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:46 pm

LP. Go big or go home. 40 minutes minimum.

The MT-32 is very sought after, I've made two videos on it, both of which performed better than the Amiga music guide. Of course part 1 is also my most disliked video ever, as well as one of the most liked... lol.... But I'm certain it's because in the first minute of the video I told everyone that their adlib FM music sucks about 10 times. :D I wouldn't be making a video on the MT-32 if I thought Adlib was any good, and they wouldn't be watching it either.

Truth hurts. But it also goes to show you that the people watching it don't actually have the thing, they just want to learn about it. No other reason to dislike my guides other than not liking me, because they always get the job done.

- My Amiga music video was an effort to do it the "right" way in my mind. Part 2 of the MT-32 stuff had me messing around on a keyboard, going through all the instruments... Which was really fun... But the Amiga inspired me to make a full album. Do the guide, and then go all the way, make something worth its weight on the internet, something truly creative, something nobody else could ever copy, because people have copied my MT-32 stuff I'm pretty sure. Making an album on the MT-32 along with a special video would be the way I wish it would have been in the first place... Of course the MT-32 didn't originally inspire me to do such a thing, it was the Amiga that did that.

McTrinsic

Posted Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:53 pm

An MT-32 definitely is on my list. As is an Apple PowerCD.

... When and if my Amiga and my C64 are finished. Too many things going on ...
:)

sdsi

Posted Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:46 pm

Hi,

Please, please - help me:

How did you solve the problem with Music-X Events error?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RGA6Y4 ... sp=sharing

Thanks,

Best regards from Poland

Wojciech

pcrema

Posted Mon Oct 16, 2023 8:16 am

Great stuff! I have been making music on trackers on the Amiga for the past year and I understand the overwhelming feeling of "that's too hard" from many tracker tutorials. I remember one for an Atari tracker where the guy basically starts like "If you need to watch a tutorial for this, you probably shouldn't even try", ridiculous. So I suggest THE best: W.A.S.P. Amiga of Pacific has made the best youtube Protracker 2.3 tutorial that guides you by hand and I can safely say that, had I not found that tutorial, none of my Amiga production could have been possible.

Just wanted to say that I have exactly the same MIDI adapter, but I managed to find it quite cheap on the internet!

Can I ask you, what do you use to capture the sound to your PC?
I've been using a Behringer UFO202 but it has deteriorated and now produces a faint interference, so I need to look into another tool before I can record/master the new album.

Have a great day
P CREMA

A1-X1000
Toronto, Canada

Posted Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:40 am

how the heck am I just seeing this now when I'm on my Amiga forums literally every day :roll:

I literally this morning found my old Midi Matser -1in 3 out and I've got my daughters old keyboard that I'm hoping to find a USB to midi cable so I can hookit up to play with DSS or OctaMED <3 :check:

Return to “The Lounge”