intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:25 am

Whenever you get a new machine, one of the first semi-subliminal things your eye notices is the clumpy dust and grime between the keys of your keyboard. This is particularly noticeable when you have a breadbin C64 due to the dark brown keys giving high contrast to the gunk that has formed there over the decades.

After a thorough cleansing, some opt to use a dust cover to protect the machine when not in use.

I used to use an original brown cover - the kind that Commodore made a million years ago. The issue mine had (minor issue) was the brown faux leather had been partially sun-bleached. it also seemed to have some sort of random stains on it, probably from some kid’s pizza grease covered fingers.

To serve as a dust protector it was fine. And that brown! But when I saw this new batch of covers crop up, with actual embroidered logos, I knew it was time to upgrade. I think I got the last C64 one, but I'm sure more will show up.

My C64, when not BBSing, is looking pretty swank now, eh?
cover.png
C64 black cover with embroidered logo

IMG_7374.JPG
Close-up of embroidered logo on the new cover

Shipping out of Plano, Texas, this team makes covers for virtually every retro machine you can think of (except for Amiga…). Even Coleco and NES. And for the look the prices are super reasonable. It's worth noting that on the inside of the cover is a scratch resistant padding so it doesn't hurt our precious pieces of plastic with regular use. <3
Attachments
IMG_7373.JPG
C64 - the whole enchilada

Return to “The Lounge”