LambdaCalculus
New Jersey, USA

Posted Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:14 am

Amiga_1000DP.jpg
Hey everyone!

Can you actually believe it?? It's been 32 years since the Amiga 1000 first hit shelves and boinged its way into our hearts and souls! I never owned one of these original machines (did play on a couple in shops and such), but man, I still imagine a world where the Amiga succeeded in its quest to become the true Machine of the Future(TM), and still proudly stands among its competitors on store shelves to this day!

It's a total shame that Commodore bungled the Amiga so much, and also that they were hard to get in the US. Reading imported copies of Amiga Power and Amiga Format at Barnes & Noble and other computer stores made me want an Amiga 1200 especially, but seeing as how I had a 486 at the time, my parents would've probably said, "You don't need a bedroom of computers!" (YES I DID! :lol: )

But let's still celebrate every July 23rd as Amiga Day, the day that the world GOT BOINGED! :)

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:39 am

Well said! Happy birthday old girl!

And may we continue to honor her and enjoy what she gave us for many more years.

<3

LambdaCalculus
New Jersey, USA

Posted Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:11 am

boing-ball.jpeg
MUCH A M I G A L O V E

Shot97
Detroit, MI, USA

Posted Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:08 am

Happy Birthday there, Amiga! I made this video on the 1000's 30th birthday , which was my Amiga's 28th year. Which would now make the 500 30. Both a nice little birthday video as well as a review for the AMERICAN game Little Computer People. Enough people bought the thing here to justify several very long lasting American magazines, like Amiga World, as well as countless very high quality games and the overwhelming majority of software.

Return to “The Lounge”