Pinacolada

Posted Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:51 pm

I know it's short notice, but life has been kinda crazy lately and I gotta get some Commodore time in. So I'm announcing the latest PSCUG (Puget Sound Commodore User's Group) meetup, August 20th, 2-9 PM, at the Sumner Library (1116 Fryar Ave, Sumner WA 98390).

Bring whatever projects you want to show off, I'll be bringing my adventure game I'm working on (just got the statistics setting code debugged) and I have a lot of boring test code to show off, but I can show you some nuts and bolts and frameworks and my environment (not an IDE, a text editor with an attitude), oh my!

- "Totally Awesome Dungeon Adventure" Google Plus photo album.

If someone tried to get ahold of the library regarding our club, I apologize our web site didn't have any contact information (other than a Yahoo mailing list and a nearly unused Twitter account)... I hope you see this or various other messages, or on Facebook, or by chance meet on Sunday!

It's dangerous to go alone, take this.

8-bit blessings,
Pinacolada

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:47 pm

Man I'd love to get down there. I don't know if I can make it this time around. Do you have an email newsletter or email list I could hop on so I have a better chance of catching one in the future?

I'm so tempted to start a user group up here in Seattle, too, for us north-siders. If I do, maybe we could meet with your group, too, maybe once or twice a year. I seem to recall there being one that's been going on for years down by Vancouver, WA, too.

Pinacolada

Posted Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:33 am

Hi intric8! It's no problem if you can't make it this time, I don't know if attendance will be that spectacular this time around anyway, some regulars are busy or out of town. Next month should be better! It would be great if you could start a user group in Seattle. There is the Seattle RetroComputing Society, run by my friend Gordon but technically they meet in Redmond at Black Lodge Research ... so not any groups that meet *in* Seattle as far as I know. :)

If I can catch a ride, I might bring my Vic-20 a friend gave me. I have two of them, one doesn't work and has JiffyDOS and a reset switch on it, the other works, was thinking of doing a motherboard transplant.

And yeah, an inter-group meet-up would be great. I was really wanting to go to the PaCommEx, but half the people I *wanted* to meet up with (either again or for the first time) weren't making it... looking at you, alterus... ;)

And yeah, we have a mailing list on Yahoo, although I am terrible at posting to it. :(

And I hack on BBS software occasionally. Image BBS has a good telnet network going, administered by my friend Larry in Florida. I have a BBS too, but it's not up at the moment. It's called "The Dragon's Eye."

Projects, so much projects!

mattsoft

Posted Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:54 pm

When is the next meeting? I'd be up for a trip to Sumner -- I grew up next door in Puyallup. :)

Pinacolada

Posted Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:58 am

Cool! Meetings are usually the 3rd Sunday of each month. :)

mattsoft

Posted Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:01 am

Sweet, so the 17th of Sept then.

Pinacolada

Posted Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:15 pm

Yep! Would be nice to have more folks at the next meeting. It was kinda lonely. Just two of us. And I forgot my box o' stuff, like disks and cartridges. But I did have one disk in the SX-64's disk drive, a Euro/demo music player called JCH Player. Played some o' dat sweet, sweet chiptune music. So I got that going for me.

https://www.facebook.com/pscug.org/phot ... =3&theater

Return to “The Lounge”