mattsoft

Posted Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:37 pm

Anyone here going to the Portland Retro Gaming Expo this October? I'll be there the Fri and Sat (staying downtown Portland). If any Amigos from here are gonna be there, let me know! Maybe we can grab a beer and talk Amiga.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:55 pm

I am seriously hoping so. I was down there last year and it was a total blast. If I go this year, I'll probably be heading down Friday evening and attending Saturday - coming home Saturday night. That's probably how it would go down to keep costs down. I should know in the next couple of weeks.

The trick for me is my wife is traveling for work a ton this October - 3 separate times. So balancing that against a jaunt to Portland this year is what I'm contending with. Fingers crossed!

Dude, don't you know the panel with the programmer for E.T. is going to be standing room only to get those stories first-hand? :)

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:32 pm

I mapped this all out last night.

It turns out that my wife is going to be traveling all over California for work through the weekend of the PRGE in Portland. That actually means I’LL BE THERE.

I’ll have my 2 kids in tow, but they’re cool. If I throw them a couple of devices I could totally hang somewhere as long as it allows minors. Like, a hotel lobby or whatever.

So! Once I make my travel plans, I’ll PM you Matt - and anyone else that’s going to go - with my info.

Really looking forward to it!

The key at this stage is trying to figure out if we will stay Saturday night or not. Originally I was thinking of coming home Saturday night. Now... not so sure. But I'll figure that out soon.

mattsoft

Posted Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:31 pm

Sounds good. The free play arcade is going to be open all Friday afternoon and evening until 10PM. Might be a good place to bring your kids and meet up for a bit -- they are suppose to have food there too. I have a 9 year-old, so I know what it's like. :)

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:43 pm

Mine are 8 and 10, so you're the average! ;)

Are you bringing your kid to the show?

mattsoft

Posted Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:17 pm

Hah! No, he's staying home with Mom that weekend. I was planning on coming down with a buddy, but now I don't know if he's going to go or not, so I'll probably be going solo.

Return to “The Lounge”