Lorfarius
UK

Posted Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:18 am

Opening to Secret of Monkey Island for me.

McTrinsic

Posted Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:36 pm

I'm probably a bit of a weirdo here.
It's the music of Ultima IV, especially the tune you hear when the game on the Amiga is in demo mode. I.e. at the very beginning. On the C64 it was the music the game played when 'peer'ing into a gem.
I played the game at a special time in my life and have kept its message in my heart ever since.
So I'm at peace with myself and the world when hearing this.

Shot97
Detroit, MI, USA

Posted Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:24 pm

Wing Commander for me. I recorded the entire soundtrack directly from my Amiga here

Monkey Island is of course another excellent choice, also recorded that here

Other games I've recorded (but am not ranking here) include Turrican 3, Amiga BASIC demo music, Marble Madness, Pool of Radiance, Welltris, Faery Tale Adventure, and my own original 13 track album, which was made entirely on the Amiga.

Feel free to listen to them, but do not use them in your own projects (I will know and I will be angry) unless you come to me first.

A10001986

Posted Thu May 31, 2018 2:04 am

The Amiga music closest to my heart is not the usual Hülsbeck tune everybody and their brother loves. It is not necessarily of any special quality either - it is stuff that (mostly) nobody ever heard, created with a program (almost) nobody ever heard of (MusicMaker V8), by someone nobody every heard of (humble me, unless otherwise indicated below or in the MP3 tags). Tunes that really take me back.

My very own favs, very proud:
Link 1
Link 2
Link 3

A remix of Karsten Obarski's awesome tune for Crystal Hammer.

Some further, lower quality tunes, nevertheless full of nostalgia for me:
Link 1
Link 2
Link 3
Link 4
Link 5
Link 6
Link 7
Link 8

Remixes from unknown sources (originally a mod, converted to and remixed with MM)
Remix 1
Remix 2

And my very first tune created in early 1987 with a text editor and a "sound compiler" (ie the great-great-grand-father of MusicMaker)
My tune

The MP3s were converted from WAVs which were created on an Amiga using a MusicMaker-2-PCM converter. All samples are original Amiga samples, no filters were applied. The Amiga sound was kept as authentic as possible.
Last edited by A10001986 on Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

codevark
Sutton, MA USA

Posted Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:17 am

One of my fave mods* is "Children of Science". Not sure who the composer is/was. The first Demoscene CD is also excellent, IMHO. I have elmobo's "elekfunk" on my phone. And the original Beast scores, of course, and Killing Game Show..

:P

*Another mod I found interesting (but not always able to stand up to repeat listenings), was "You Fat Bastard"..
For some reason I thought of it the other day while watching the news.. ha

BatteMan
France

Posted Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:37 am

I often listen 2 mods/xm!

"Let it linger" and "Commodore's cry"! ;)

3D-vice
Germany

Posted Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:36 am

Awesome thread! There are some music tracks that had burned themselves into my mind back then.

One of the was the good old Alien Breed game. Its music had something new to it.

Another thing I remember was pretty large demo from Alcatraz named "Odyssey" from 1991. There had alo been a remake in 2008, with some upgraded music.

morningstar

Posted Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:48 am

This thread makes me nostalgic since I find songs that I had completely forgotten and that I loved very much before.

ShowBox Tutuapp Mobdro
Last edited by morningstar on Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “The Lounge”