LambdaCalculus
New Jersey, USA

Posted Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:01 am

Who remembers seeing the Kickstarter for new Amiga 1200 cases? It was a success, and now the same folks behind that project seem to have a new project in the wings!

According to an article on AmigaFrance, it seems that the team is now considering a Kickstarter for a follow-up project: new Amiga 500 cases, made in the same vein as the previous A1200 cases, in various colors with matching keycaps! :D

Details haven't been released yet, but a teaser pic is up on the A1200 site (scroll to the bottom of the page!)

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:49 pm

I didn't get the 1200 case (mine looks great, honestly) but I did order a set of funky keycaps.

But I'd be totally down for a 500 case - mine is completely the color of an unhappy emoticon. :(

LambdaCalculus
New Jersey, USA

Posted Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:04 am

Mine still has the unfortunate look of bromine and cat pee. :(

And this time I'll be Kickstarting this project for sure! Dark blue A500, you are mine! ;)

The Dhel

Posted Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:53 am

Red for me. Red case with black/red keycaps. My A1200 i want to be black case and red/black keycaps :D

LambdaCalculus
New Jersey, USA

Posted Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:52 am

That would be a lovely match-up! I wonder what color keycaps I should go for to match with dark blue? ;)

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:24 am

My 1200s case is stellar, but I did order a set of keycaps for fun (they are really easy to change).

For me it's about going 2-tone just like the original. IIRC (it was a long time ago, and the KS is long overdue - not unusual with KS unfortunately) I was going to go for a baby blue and white or gray and blue. I can't remember. Doesn't really matter as I get to pick whenever this thing is finally over.

This is a fun place to experiment.
Screen Shot 2017-12-06 at 9.22.02 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-12-06 at 9.23.10 AM.png

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:05 am

Just received an update on the 500 case campaign.

From A1200.net:
NEW COMPATIBLE AMIGA 500(+) Cases - Kickstarter

The team is proud to share with you guys the next Kickstarter campaign product we've been working on:
  • New Compatible A500(+) cases!

It was announced first during Amiga32 event @Neuss in Germany, last end October.
  • The Kickstarter will be launched only when keycaps mass production starts!
  • It was done the same for Keycaps campaign being launched over A1200 cases mass production

Oojaplonk
Willenhall UK

Posted Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:20 pm

Now this does make me want to dig out my old A500, I have no idea what state the case is in but knowing that there would be a replacement available would make it perfect.
intric8 wrote:Just received an update on the 500 case campaign.

From A1200.net:
NEW COMPATIBLE AMIGA 500(+) Cases - Kickstarter

The team is proud to share with you guys the next Kickstarter campaign product we've been working on:
  • New Compatible A500(+) cases!

It was announced first during Amiga32 event @Neuss in Germany, last end October.
  • The Kickstarter will be launched only when keycaps mass production starts!
  • It was done the same for Keycaps campaign being launched over A1200 cases mass production

The Dhel

Posted Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:23 pm

Oojaplonk wrote:Now this does make me want to dig out my old A500, I have no idea what state the case is in but knowing that there would be a replacement available would make it perfect.
Definitely DO dig it out! You're owning a piece of computer history! Also please do open it up and see if anything leaked, like the battery. It's important <3

My A1200 also has a STELLAR case. No yellowing at all :) But i still want that sleek black case and red keycaps <3
My two A500's will get new cases, too. One a plexi-glass one (with red LED inside), and the other with one of those new A500 cases :)

EDIT: My A1200 would look like THIS: Image
So cute :D
Last edited by The Dhel on Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:26 pm

FWIW, the Amiga 500 didn't ship with a battery so you're good to go there. :) Unless you had one bolted to your memory expansion...

But the computer is definitely worth a look! (and post pics)

Return to “The Lounge”