TenLeftFingers

Posted Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:29 pm

ccc-final-optimised.png
The Commodore Creative Competition is happening at Amiga Ireland this January 19th & 20th. Submit your entry by email or post. Any type of creativity is valid, so if you can't make a demo, maybe you can knit a jumper, do some origami, draw a picture, or bake a cake! It has to be obviously Amiga (or Commodore) related.

Our panel of judges will score all entries based on four different criteria; technical attributes, creative attributes, quirkiness and judges discretion. Closing date for entries is January 17th (unless your are bringing your entry in person).

<3

TenLeftFingers

Posted Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:43 pm

This just in: our panel of four judges will include Trevor Dickenson and David Pleasance! <3

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:32 pm

Wow! Congrats on bringing in some of the big boys, TLF! Should be a fun show. Looking forward to hearing more about it.

TenLeftFingers

Posted Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:38 pm

Thanks Eric. Those guys are such good sports. We have submissions in progress in the form of demos, art work and edibles. :) We only announced so more are expected. I'm really hoping someone will knit sonething :)

LambdaCalculus
New Jersey, USA

Posted Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:51 am

I wish I were able to go out to Amiga Ireland this year, but seeing as how I'm still recovering financially from MAG Fest (a massive music and games festival held every January in the Washington, DC area), I had to skip out on it this year.

Maybe next year will be better to me and allow me time to go! But have fun this weekend and I hope to see lots of awesomeness happen!

TenLeftFingers

Posted Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:55 am

Thanks so much for the thought LC! I hope you can make it next year. It would be great to meet you in person. I hope we'll capture some good video again during the event. But our video and photography people (Kenny and Dermot) will be gaming and other stuff too I'm sure. Let's see :) <3

TenLeftFingers

Posted Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:46 pm

The results are in. You can read in full here http://amigausers.ie/amiga-ireland-2018-recap/ but the top three entries were

1st Place - Giant 880K Floppy Cake by Freya Ullmann
2nd Place - Boing Ball Peppermint Creams by Ana Ní Riada
3rd Place - Chip Loop by Amiga Bill

See pics as well as runners up at the link above.

The judges were David Pleasance, Trevor Dickinson, Alanna Kelly and Ms Mad Lemon.

We had six entries this year and judged on criteria of Technical Merit, Artistic Merit, Uniqueness and a fourth scoring category for Judges Discretion.

Thanks to everyone who submitted this year. The scoring system was created to allow the judges to treat all entries equally. I hope the entrants feel it was fair and feel encouraged to enter again next year. I'm not sure we can cope with too many entries so we may keep the current score system. Or we might have to assemble a team to handle entries :) <3

McTrinsic

Posted Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:49 pm

Wish I had been there!!

AmigaBill
New York

Posted Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:19 am

This is the first compo I ever entered. It motivated me to dust off DPaint and try out some techniques I have been thinking about for a long time. Thanks Amiga Ireland! <3

TenLeftFingers

Posted Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:23 am

McTrinsic wrote:Wish I had been there!!
Same here McTrinsic. You can check out videos and photos on MsMadLemons youtube channel or http://www.amigausers.ie/media.
AmigaBill wrote:This is the first compo I ever entered. It motivated me to dust off DPaint and try out some techniques I have been thinking about for a long time. Thanks Amiga Ireland! <3
Congratulations Bill :) <3

Return to “The Lounge”