TenLeftFingers

Posted Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:05 am

Amiga Ireland 2018 was a huge success going by the feedback I've received afterwards. It looks like the event really hit the spot and we hope to see everyone back again next year.

Ms Mad Lemon's video brought a bit of a tear to my eye. Please watch here

There's also a writeup here for anybody interested.

A huge thanks to intric8 from amigalove.com for sending us some beautiful Amiga Love stickers for spot prizes. I hope the winners make their way to the signup page here on this beautiful site!

LambdaCalculus
New Jersey, USA

Posted Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:10 am

I watched Maddi's video earlier today and I was enjoying everything I saw so much. I wish I had been able to go to Amiga Ireland, but I unfortunately don't have that kind of traveling money! :P

But I do hope to be able to attend next year if at all humanly possible! I'll raise the money somehow to go, and I also want to still make MAG Fest 2019 as well while I'm at it! Bill from The Guru Meditation and myself hope to bring other Westchester Amiga User Group members along next year and make a bigger presence at MAG Fest, and maybe (hopefully!) some of our overseas Amiga friends and even west coast Amiga users can come and join us there to spread the Amiga love! :D

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:56 am

Looked like an awesome, incredible event. I started watching the Pleasance/Trevor interview this morning before heading to work. Was that you - with the amazing hair - doing the intro? I thought i recognized your voice from the podcasts.

Dude. If so - I have some serious hair envy!

Thanks for the kind words, and I'll check out the links above later today. Since you're already planning next year's event, that gives us some time to see if it's in the cards (it's a long 12 hour flight from Seattle). You never know! <3

TenLeftFingers

Posted Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:05 am

Sounds great LambdaCalculus. I'm always slow to make guarantees of any kind to people - but everyone had great craic at this and for me the laughing and messing was my favourite part. The atmosphere has been consistently great thanks to the kind of people who attend. Looking forward to the GuruMeditation MAGFest video. <3

TenLeftFingers

Posted Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:08 am

intric8 wrote:Looked like an awesome, incredible event. I started watching the Pleasance/Trevor interview this morning before heading to work. Was that you - with the amazing hair - doing the intro? I thought i recognized your voice from the podcasts.

Dude. If so - I have some serious hair envy!

Thanks for the kind words, and I'll check out the links above later today. Since you're already planning next year's event, that gives us some time to see if it's in the cards (it's a long 12 hour flight from Seattle). You never know! <3
That is indeed me with the hair haha! Thank you, I'm glad I don't just remind you of Otto or someone haha :)

Yes! Next year will be January 18th & 19th (Friday & Saturday). Get in touch and we'll do what we can to make the journey and arrival as smooth as possible. Car rental is 8 euro so probably the best bet. See our website for links to that and anything else that might help.

And thanks for listening to the podcast!

LambdaCalculus
New Jersey, USA

Posted Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:29 am

TenLeftFingers wrote:Looking forward to the GuruMeditation MAGFest video. <3
Bill couldn't do a proper video shoot, but he did do a Twitch stream recapping what went on at MAG Fest, and he showed tons of photos! (I'm in a few of the photos! :D)

TenLeftFingers

Posted Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:02 pm

I see you! Great pics and congrats on the haul :) I'll have to watch that in full at the weekend.

Return to “The Lounge”