Bulletdust

Posted Wed May 02, 2018 1:51 am

The only case badges on my PC, I'm not a fan of Windows. Both my Amiga's and my C64 are exactly as Commodore made them, I'm very particular on no modifications when it comes to those machines. At most my 1541 has a carefully drilled JiffyDOS switch, and that's only because there was literally nowhere else to mount it, I was sure to mount it on the rear of the drive.

Although I have to say, if I had an A1000 with one of the rare Phoenix boards I'd be bragging about it with a carefully placed, clean decal.

EzdineG
Springfield, MO

Posted Wed May 02, 2018 6:34 am

Remove it IMO... but I'm somewhat of a hard core minority here.

I'm not even a fan of the Commodore blue text on the PAL units; feels like they tainted the unit.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Wed May 02, 2018 7:32 am

So, it's with a bit of embarrassment that I admit this. But I have so many A1000's right now I just need something to help me identify it more quickly when I don't have it as one of my main machines.

I've already replaced the original front plate with a spare mint one because I, too, am not a fan of the logo explosion on the front that it had. Checkmark, Amiga, Phoenix, Commodore...

So I've been using masking tape and a Sharpie, which looks totally ghetto, and a pristine case.
ac_7_IMK.jpg
Again - I need something or it becomes a real pain as the only other way to tell is if I look at the back of the machine, which has a few switches poking out.

After working with my go-to sticker shop, I had to make some changes to my original design. I'm OK with it. It's going to me just the bird icon - no text/logo. A little bigger than I wanted, but they had a 1" dimension minimum (for the height). So it's going to look like this, which should arrive in the next couple of days if not today.
custom.png
It's better than masking tape. ;)

Bulletdust

Posted Wed May 02, 2018 7:46 pm

I'd personally place the decal on the other side of the case away from the Amiga and Commodore logo's so it doesn't look so cluttered.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Thu May 03, 2018 10:03 pm

OK, here we go.
IMG_4956.jpg
IMG_4955.jpg
IMG_4954.jpg
I wish it was about 20% smaller, but for this style of sticker this was the smallest I was allowed to print it. And I'll probably play with the placement a little. But it's growing on me. I dig it.

And it's better than the masking tape! :)

Bulletdust

Posted Fri May 04, 2018 12:02 am

Reminds me of the 'Fiery Phoenix' out of Battle Of The Planets when I was a kid!

Good job Intric8.

A1-X1000
Toronto, Canada

Posted Sat May 19, 2018 9:13 am

@ intric8

looks great! Be cool to have a new Rejuvenator sticker for the upcoming boards too :mrgreen:

Return to “The Lounge”